MagnaFlow exhaust on my Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just the straight pipes. I haven’t noticed any droning so never felt the need for the resonators. Actually just had the prototype kit swapped out for the production kit. Super stoked on having black tips again.

How loud is it compared to stock, and do the exhaust modes really change the volume much, considering there’s no muffler back there?

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it all installed finally, was able to get away from the sick kids. Was somewhat of a pain with how many pieces and you have the main pic to go off of, the instructions definitely skip some steps.

Sounds good, definitely a lot deeper and louder on cold start but settled down. I put the resonators in for now, but will try out the delete eventually.

Last edited:

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have gotten to drive a bit more with the new exhaust, felt like the ecu had to relearn a little bit, felt a little sluggish at first. But sounds great, feel like i hear more turbo spool a bit at lower speed when slowing down. @BrrrRaptorCraft do you hear more turbo spool as well?

Overall happy with choosing to go with it.

OP
OP
BrrrRaptorCraft
Reaction score
Have gotten to drive a bit more with the new exhaust, felt like the ecu had to relearn a little bit, felt a little sluggish at first. But sounds great, feel like i hear more turbo spool a bit at lower speed when slowing down. @BrrrRaptorCraft do you hear more turbo spool as well?

Overall happy with choosing to go with it.
Nice, I didn’t notice any performance changes but the sound def changed, maybe a little more turbo noise but I also added an S&B CAI which probably helps too. I’m hoping to get downpipes and an intercooler installed soon. Should get even more turbo noise out of it then!

pandonsf

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, I didn’t notice any performance changes but the sound def changed, maybe a little more turbo noise but I also added an S&B CAI which probably helps too. I’m hoping to get downpipes and an intercooler installed soon. Should get even more turbo noise out of it then!
yeah, i noticed the pedal felt a little more dead at first, but after like 20 minutes of driving went back to normal. I have the cobb intercooler waiting to be installed and hoping cobb releasing the accessport soon!