GEN 2 Magnaflow Drone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DinoRaptor18

Reaction score
Hello! I recently installed a MF cat-back system on my 2018 and it is droning like crazy at 2k rpm. Called MF and they suggested installing resonators. Anyone have experience with this? It is so annoying I am considering going back to stock. [emoji107][emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely try swapping out the magnaflow mufflers with some Dynomax mufflers. This will solve it for you.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Every Magnaflow I have owned has droned. On my Lightning I swapped it to a Bassani and was all good. On my Tacoma I went back to stock. The V6 drone was really bad.

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running two of the Vibrant bottle style resonators in a custom true dual system on my supercharged Gen 1. I can confirm they work really well to eliminate drone.

https://vibrantperformance.com/cata..._1032&osCsid=13c4587dd8bb08e0d32ecbbf2843ed30

I have heard the ultra quiet ones are even better but I didn't want my exhaust to be too quiet.

Most definitely - works great on the 6.2.

For the OP, just install the Dynomax mufflers and you will have the right stuff.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Side note: I also ran a magnaflow catback on my truck for a while. It sounded like a trophy truck at WOT but the drone was horrific.