MAG-HYTEC rear diff. cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RSiWORKS

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Roger,

Can you PM me a price and payment instruction for a cover and the required Royal Purple to go with it. After seeing yours up close I was very impressed with the build quality, the magnetic stalk and built-in seal. Big Blue could really use this.

Thank you.

Sorry Mike, been stupid busy trying to catch up on emails and orders.
I will get you out a quote right away.

Thanks

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First-hand experience: It's a good product.

Thanks Ruger, just ordered mine from Roger. Will be a nice saturday morning driveway job.

Thanks again Roger! See you in September.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Big Blue, the most difficult part of the job is getting the factory cover off. That thing was glued down tight on my 2011, and I had to use a chisel to pry it loose. I hope you don't have to resort to that, because it's certain to produce some damage to the mounting face of the pumpkin.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Use a heat gun and paint/gasket scraper.

Oh, a plastic scraper will work fine once you get it off. But no way will a heat gun do anything with a large chunk of iron filed with 3+ quarts of gear oil to absorb the heat.

The wisdom at Ford was to glue the differential covers (yes, both front and rear are like this) on tight, to not use anything in the way of a gasket, and save 6 cents by eliminating the drain plug. Idiots.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, a plastic scraper will work fine once you get it off. But no way will a heat gun do anything with a large chunk of iron filed with 3+ quarts of gear oil to absorb the heat.
I used my heat gun and heated the cover to about 160f
Used my gasket scraper and applied constant pressure at the split line to force it under the cover and constant easy lift to remove it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used my heat gun and heated the cover to about 160f
Used my gasket scraper and applied constant pressure at the split line to force it under the cover and constant easy lift to remove it.

Well, you're smarter than I am, then.
Excellent tip. I WILL remember.
Thank you.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wooo-hoooo! Funny as all getout and chronologically correct, to boot!
Does it get better on FRF?

NOOOOOOOO!
:) :) :)

Um, is it true what they say about Oregonians?
No offense. Just askin'.