Maestro and Radio issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So idatalink had me disconnect my radio fuse and flash my maestro rr. Kenwood dmx706s head unit. After flashing it. I have no radio or maestro power. Connected red wire from Kenwood to yellow wires to see if the radio would get power at anytime, it does. So crutchfield sent me a new maestro unit. Same exact thing no power. Amp fuse on truck is good, radio fuse is good, Kenwood fuse on back of radio is good. Inline fuse on the maestro is good. Any ideas what could be blown or what's going on?

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So update on this.....the Maestro does work with the front camera. I have my front and rear camera working now. Both are factory cameras. The maestro does great...but idatalink has serious flaw. To flash the device it has to be removed from your vehicle. I know you can flash it with the battery disconnected or by removing the radio fuse..but you will be stuck with a dead head unit until you completely disconnect the maestro from the headunit and even then....nothing...unplugged the maestro cable that plugs into the back of the Kenwood is the only way I got it working. This is a terrible design by idatalink. But regardless I do have a working front and rear camera now so for anyone wanting to upgrade a Gen1 with Sony system...then can be done and no splicing is required to anything.

Reaction score
good news.. I am looking for an option to get mine running. My problem is just, since I am living in Germany, I have a european Alpine installed, what is not supported. So I have to buy a US radio as well. But than the radio frequenzes are not working. Just a mess o_O

OP
OP
Meat2022

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So use xm radio or something to that effect and rock on with the US stuff. Make sure you test everything before you bolt everything back together....trust me lol....that maestro is great but a pain also at times.