Made the trade! 2020 MGM Gen 2 --> 2022 ABM Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy Saturday Folks,

After much internal conflict about the fact that Magnetic Gray is no longer available, I finally pulled the trigger on an 2022 Agate Black 801A with everything except the 37PP/Recaro Seats. Traded in my week 1 August 2020 blend date Gen 2 which I got 8/26 and put 48,500 miles on (as of last Thursday). Was sad to see it go, and was slightly hesitant about the looks, but the Gen 3 is fantastic. Haven't really thought about my Gen 2 since I left the dealership on Thursday (except in a nostalgic way when I see photos of it). The Gen 3 looks better, drives better, and is the better truck overall. The technology and comfort are way ahead of the Gen 2.

Of note, I have a 2023 37pp on order through my local dealer, but the 37 won't fit in one of my work site's parking garages.
Also, the lack of a heated steering wheel on a vehicle approaching six figures is hard to stomach.
Lastly, this is the last year bonus depreciation is at 100% (drops by 20% each year until it goes to zero unless congress renews it).
These three things + the great trade in value I got influenced my decision to make this happen before the end of the calendar year.

Eagerly awaiting the OTA update that allows for fullscreen CarPlay.

Next step: Satin PPF or not.....???? Any thoughts/advice/PHOTOS welcome.
Seriously, any pictures would be very useful.
There's a dearth of Gen 3 raptors with satin PPF on it (XPEL Stealth, STEK DynoMatt) and would appreciate any and all images to help guide my decision-making process.

Will get better pics up when she's clean.
First time taking delivery of a new car in the rain!

America.

Attachments

• tempImagevnAK17.png
    tempImagevnAK17.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
  • tempImageBlsAWE.png
    tempImageBlsAWE.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3926.heic.jpeg
    IMG_3926.heic.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 116
  • tempImagej0EwJA.png
    tempImagej0EwJA.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 119
  • tempImagecBiShV.png
    tempImagecBiShV.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 122

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Next step: Satin PPF or not.....???? Any thoughts/advice/PHOTOS welcome.
Seriously, any pictures would be very useful.
There's a dearth of Gen 3 raptors with satin PPF on it (XPEL Stealth, STEK DynoMatt) and would appreciate any and all images to help guide my decision-making process.

there is another member here who just wrapped clear and stealth on black. Take a look at his thread.

OP
OP
racebannon

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! Saw that thread last week. Decent photos but need more. Thank you for reminding me of it. Just posted on that thread asking for more pics haha.

OP
OP
racebannon

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy new Raptor day!

FYI: agate black is not the same as the ABM in your title. Unless you ment Anti-Bun Man.
Thank you!

Agate Black Metallic...

I'm aware that everyone refers to their Anti-matter Blue trucks as AMB, but I'm sure all colors can be abbreviated as such lol.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have ForScan there’s a lot that you can change on these trucks. The glare free setting on the headlights. Is much better than auto high beams.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
#SameNumberOfprius
#BlackRaptorsMatter
#AntiMatterBlueIsNotBlackEnough