GEN 2 M

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paravitium

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I’ve had the new Morimoto XB headlights on my Raptor for the last year and I’ve had no issues. Recently I’ve had a portion of my drivers side headlight LED ring start to fade. It seems like this is only the case when the truck is in park or started remotely. Once the truck gets out into drive the problem goes away. The issue remains consistent.

Any thoughts?

IMG_0985.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You'll want to reach out to the dealer you bought them from to work on an RMA

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, I just purchased a 2020 Raptor being built and really like the look and light output of these LED Morimoto XB headlights and I’m considering purchasing. However, the thought of having to deal with Issues down the road, such as your failed headlight, and going through the process of removing the headlights for a return, is enough to deter me from purchasing these headlights. Did the issue fix itself or did you end up having to return for a new one?

I can’t help be wounded what the long term reliability will be. I have a set of Morimoto plug and play LED headlights one one of other vehicles and the quality seemed better than OEM and was a perfect plug and play fit and no issues after a year.

Update would be appreciated
Thanks

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP, I just purchased a 2020 Raptor being built and really like the look and light output of these LED Morimoto XB headlights and I’m considering purchasing. However, the thought of having to deal with Issues down the road, such as your failed headlight, and going through the process of removing the headlights for a return, is enough to deter me from purchasing these headlights. Did the issue fix itself or did you end up having to return for a new one?

I can’t help be wounded what the long term reliability will be. I have a set of Morimoto plug and play LED headlights one one of other vehicles and the quality seemed better than OEM and was a perfect plug and play fit and no issues after a year.

Update would be appreciated
Thanks
Did your 2020 have the Deerborn sticker on the windshield?

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s in the build stage. I’ll know in 5-9 weeks, but I’m being told it’s in Deerborn. Funny you ask, as I was shopping at my local Ford Dealership that had 26 Raptors (they would not budge on pricing, in fact, marked up) I could of sworn I saw one that had ”assembled in Mexico” on the MSRP, but can’t be certain. I had a 2013 Roush Raptor I bought new and it had the Deerborn sticker in the windshield.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did a vin search and it was built in Deerborn
emoji2378.png
Just did a vin search and it was built in Deerborn [emoji2378].
nice. Might be that all Raptors or even all F150s are built in Deerborn?