M&r working on amber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is amber lens prep..

View attachment 14865
10ft by 1" velcro tape from Home Depot.. $17

1/2" would have been perfect but the didn't have any.. So i cut (sloppy) the 1" in half one for top and bottom of light and lens.

View attachment 14866

View attachment 14867

Attach the fuzzy (loop) part to the lens, this way when you take the lens off the hook part is on the light. Less prone to cake up with mud and other crap verses the loop.

View attachment 14868
30" completed.. The lens is easily removable when I don't want amber.

View attachment 14869

Both lights completed.. Works great the lenses pull of and install easy. Make sure to use alcohol wipes to prep the area and allow time for the velcro to adhere before removing the lenses.. (got excited and pulled up the velcro on one side.. Re applied and kept my anxious hands off for about an hour, and no problem..

No double sided foam tape, no residue to remove after taking lenses off...

-Greg

Last edited:

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I want to ask Joe. We know amber is useful for snow to reduce glare, but do you honestly thing it was necessary? I'll have amber on my hood lights and 1 pair of Dullays, but a trying to justify amber covers for my lower 20". I mean if we had lots of new fluffy snow getting kicked up into the air, I can see it being required. But with what we've had, do you think its necessary?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I want to ask Joe. We know amber is useful for snow to reduce glare, but do you honestly thing it was necessary? I'll have amber on my hood lights and 1 pair of Dullays, but a trying to justify amber covers for my lower 20". I mean if we had lots of new fluffy snow getting kicked up into the air, I can see it being required. But with what we've had, do you think its necessary?

Good question, there was definitely snow dust being kicked in the air. Everyone ran with their axillary lights on.

Yukon Joe