M&r working on amber

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the 30 inch bar an hour to late, unfortunately I couldn't install it before the pre run. But I did have the 40 inch with amber installed. Loved it on the snoball500 pre-run.

40 inch installed:
made9usy.jpg

papuqune.jpg

qugepuja.jpg

umedudu6.jpg

7u4eheba.jpg

The install was easy. And I was happy to see that it fit right over the recon winch.
The amber lens is held on with silicon craft dots. They survived the winter muck, and the temperature swings of the yopper winter. It was down to 13 in the evenings and about 22 during the day. The light was on and off many times during the run.
jerupy6e.jpg

here are the craft dots:
81dHAVhZkyL._SL1500_.jpg

30 inch out of the box
vydutazu.jpg

7yba3yde.jpg

adehezyt.jpg

y2yjaju7.jpg

y4yseqep.jpg

Yukon Joe

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Got the 30 inch bar an hour to late, unfortunately I couldn't install it before the pre run. But I did have the 40 inch with amber installed. Loved it on the run.

40 inch installed:
made9usy.jpg

papuqune.jpg

qugepuja.jpg

umedudu6.jpg

7u4eheba.jpg

30 inch out of the box
vydutazu.jpg

7yba3yde.jpg

adehezyt.jpg

y2yjaju7.jpg

y4yseqep.jpg

Yukon Joe

how is the amber lens held on? rubber bands? :challenge:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good write up Y-Joe...I am getting my 40 installed next week, along with my DS2s Mid perch and Nittos...

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Joe that is some crazy light your shooting out with both bars on. How much of a difference are you noticing going down the road with both bars on, as opposed to just one on?

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to attach the amber lens..

Double sided tape seemed like a good idea, but it kind of limits you on changing the lens out.

So why not Velcro?

Looking at the light itself there is 1/4" lip around the lens on top and bottom edges. Perfect for 1/2" Velcro strips. And the long edges of the lens wrapped in Velcro. This will allow the lens to be installed, and removed easily. And the length and amount of Velcro will hold the lens secure..

I will post up pictures when I get the lights mocked up and mounted..

-Greg