M&R Super Slim Headrest TAIL GATER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oof, that is very similar product. This mounting situation seems a bit more stout than the zip ties, although the zip ties allow you to adjust the height to where you want it. Maybe adding a set screw to the collars would let someone raise the headrest and let the lights sit higher on the rails.

How about Big Blue and MandR collaborate on this so we can all be friends :)

Never mind, I see the set screws, great idea!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes the collars do have a set screw to adjust height :)

I reached out to BigBlue to make sure there is nothing hostile from this. He is going to get a free set to compare and post a review on the forum. He wasn't in it to make money. Just wanted to help others for SnowBall

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
A couple of product development ideas:
1. put the set screws on the side so they can align to the notches in the pole if you wish to provide an even more secure lock

2. sell replacement poles without the headrest so people can run with better rear visibility. I remove all of my headrests on runs.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those without headrests could there be a solution for install?

You might consider a little Yankee Ingenuity. That would involve getting a piece of unthreaded rod of the proper diameter from Home Depot, Lowes, or Ace Hardware and using a hacksaw.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Review is in....

I received the M&R Rear facing light bar today.

Here are my unbiased opinions;

The Light bar and bracket are very stout and appear to be of good quality. From a professionally build standpoint, it is cleaner than my version. The only suggestion I would make to M&R would be to shrink wrap the splice between the light bar and the cigarette plug wire. I also like how their on/off button is part of the plug.

The big question is output....Well, my bar got spanked. The M&R bar is much brighter.

In the 1st pic below. The M&R bar in on top and mine is below, the rear slider is open.

In the 2nd pic, the rear slider is closer.

I plan on installing the M&R bar in my truck now, and based on the $150 price, I think it's a great deal.

image_zps5io9xfvp.jpg

image_zpsil7qhrmr.jpg

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the collars do have a set screw to adjust height :)

I reached out to BigBlue to make sure there is nothing hostile from this. He is going to get a free set to compare and post a review on the forum. He wasn't in it to make money. Just wanted to help others for SnowBall
This is why I'm happy to say I have M&R light bars. The company has been a form supporting member and has always been fair to the members here.
Good job Mika!

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: