M + R Foglight kit issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That right there is just so bad sit-down i can't believe that they would tell you to spray them with lines. Like you have to pay $460 and then pay more for them to be sprayed i don't think so. Come on M&R step up and take care of this. I am sure if they don't not many people will be buying there product its not like they are cheap or anything. Look at rigid they offer life time warranty and great to deal with and vision x as well. I for sure would never buy any of there products after i saw your lights. mine still look new and have them on the truck for almost a year both rigid and vision x so much better product

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
M&R did not say spray them with lin-x I don't know why I would cair but facts need to be typed out when it's agents something or one. I on the other hand am excused. I'm sure sitdown will clear it up.

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear alot about how great Vision X is, well they sent me damaged lights and I have been waiting 3 months now for them to fix them. I am being told they are on back order so I haven't complained on the forum yet, but I am tired of people talking about Rigid and Vision X like they don't make mistakes or have problems as well. Frankly I regret spending over $600 on Vision X lights and I wont be buying any more from them. I will however be buying more from MandR. Great service and great products for the money. Just my 2 cents.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The minor blemishes shown on the new units don't bother me, its a fog light... but when these blemishes open the door to the finish disintegrating w/in 60 days, there is a problem. I hear good things about their bars, but this thread is discussing the fog light product, and the clear problem with the housings/finish.

Wilson, i really have trouble understanding you sometimes :D yes, that was the recommended solution, clearcoat in a can like linex for now while the supplier was contacted.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering how heat build up would effect clearcoat and/or line-x. I would bet that heat played a roll in the break down of the finished surface on these lights. Along with poor surface prep.

The reason I ask is, I am thinking of spraying clearcoat on my D2's, which look new even though I bought them used. I have AmsOil MSHD but that turns slightly yellow.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya me 2.

I didn't read anywhere in this thread that M&R said to spray the fogs with linex. I have not dealt personally with M&R so I don't know why I would give a crap. Other than keep it real if I see someone like svtlightning00 just guessing (not reading) and saying m&r told you to put line-x on it and he only read that from your post and I was thinking you were stating to the one that did say to try the line-x on them. just we need to slow down on the facts and make sure I'm reading it right lol.
svtlightning00 nothing against you but some like to just read the last post and start talking like they know what the op is talking about. If this< is the case you are only getting partial facts.

try and understand that^ haha

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

I'm wondering how heat build up would effect clearcoat and/or line-x. I would bet that heat played a roll in the break down of the finished surface on these lights. Along with poor surface prep.

The reason I ask is, I am thinking of spraying clearcoat on my D2's, which look new even though I bought them used. I have AmsOil MSHD but that turns slightly yellow.

very true you should powder coat them.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know svt and he has seen my lights and frustration over them at our last meet. He's spent more than most through our vendors here. I mentioned the linex solution in my first post today. There's no lack of facts, but there is a lack of response in this post

Maybe I'm out of line, and state that plz if that's the case. but I've now seen several sets with this problem. I woulda expected a "we can get ya another set out asap or send em back and we'll refund ya" responses.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most vendors do not make what they sell... I sell communications equipment but do not make one dam thing. That's what a good supply chain is all about. I would love to say we check every thing before it ships, that's just not true. To make money in todays world the margins are smaller and you have to move more product to make money. My company directive is simple if we even hear one item from any customer has an issue we, immediately ask the customer to return the product, test a new piece and verify proper working order, or ask if the customer would like a refund. It is not my customers responsibility to look to my supply chain and determine if where I get a product is quality that's my job. I take it very seriously and expect my vendors to do the same. In the event I have an issue I do everything I can to make sure my customer does not have an issue. I think its how all business should run, the customer is job 1.....

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
there is obviously an issue here with M&R. If I was running the show and someone that worked for me sent a set of whatever it was out and didn't look at it first they would not work for me any more. I understand the not looking in every package all the time but when there is a problem don't just keep throwing crap at the fan.