LVJ Motorsports Relay Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So being I run an LED lighting company it was obvious our new 2018 Raptor demo truck was going to have lots of lights. This wasn't really going to be an issue for the most part but when it came down to the BIG lights, the factory upfitters just didn't have the power... so in comes the LVJ Motorsports Relay Panel.

Now I had naturally heard of this thing and seen it and it seemed like a great idea... but would I ever need it? Probably not I thought. I can just run some relays myself..

Anyway, decided to pull the trigger on it, glad I did. It just made things a little easier/cleaner. So here's my setup...

First I'm running the SPP Triple Fog Light Kit w/Baja Designs lights. Because of the amperage needed for my particular setup I wired them up as follows

SW3: Squadron Pro, Wide Cornering (Amber) - Inside Lights
SW4: Squadron Pro, Driving/Combo - Center Lights
SW5: S2 Pro, Wide Cornering - Outside Lights

My S2 Pros are always on.

I wanted to use SW 1-3 or SW 4-6 to keep it in line and at the end but this was before I had the LVJ System in place, and I had to work within the amperage or run my own relays. BUT it worked. And honestly it makes sense now with how the switches are laid out.

Then I put in the GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light. That is hooked up as follows

SW6: S2 Sports, Work/Scene (Amber) - Outter 2 lights
Then there is a single S2 Sport, Work/Scene that is tapped into the factory cargo light. So it comes on when my door opens/when the bed lights are put on.

Next we have the Pillars. Can't forget the Pillars. So I put on some XL80s but I changed out my lenses to Spots. Those pull a bit of amperage so they were connected to S2.

Great, that leaves me one more 15Amp switch left (#1)... well naturally we need to throw some LP9s on. So I went with 4x LP9 Pros (Driving/Combo) on my bumper using an N-FAB mount.

Well crap... how are we going to power those. That's over 30 amps for the 4 lights (all 4 turn on from 1 switch currently). Well okay I can just throw a relay in. But then I heard about a new feature the LVJ Motorsports panel had. You can tie in the lights to your highs. So when you flip your highs on, the lights turn on (and you can select which lights as well which is cool).

Well great that'll be awesome. The highs on our trucks SUCK so I'll just hookup my Squadron Pro Driving/Combos as well to the highs.

The LVJ Motorsports relay panel has leads you can connect to the factory upfitters, which trigger it's own relays to fire on. They have bigger wires/fuses that you can use (up to 35amps per fuse, but not to exceed a total amperage rating of 100a).

So I put my inner 2 LP9s on the LVJ Aux 1 and the outter 2 LP9s on the LVJ Aux 2.
I also connected the "low" mode of the 2 inner to LVJ Aux 3 and the "low" mode on the 2 outter to LVJ Aux 4... I did this in case I ever add another switch panel somewhere, i have the option.

Well since I have 1 upfitter left for now, I needed to trigger all 4 LP9 from the 1 AUX..... so I connected the Ford Upfitter AUX 1 to LVJ's Trigger for 1&2 (tied them together).

Now when I flip Upfitter #1 all 4 LP9 come on. AWESOME.

What's really neat though is the high-beam trigger. It's a single wire that when activated will turn on up to 5 different lights from the LVJ relays. So because I have the 4 LP9 hooked up (in pairs) I can pick how I want them to work.

Flipping my highs on can either turn 2 LP9 or 4 LP9 on full blast. OR I can do 2 LP9 or 4 LP9 in "low" mode if i want. This weekend I'll also connect my Squadron Pro Driving/Combo to it so I can choose to have that activated on high mode if I want as well (the LVJ system lets you connect 5 "items" to it, the 6th trigger wire is actually not used for lights, it's an on/off to disable/enable your high-beam "all on" mode).

So all in all it's a REALLY cool relay panel that gives me a LOT of options. It installed right to the battery tray (one bolt fits in it but you can connect up to 3 bolts... i went with 2 bolts, you have to drill the 2nd and 3rd holes if you want to utilize them). Just remove the battery, install the bracket.

I do recommend if you install this, loosen up your negative wires and just push them out of the way a little, as they'll hit the bracket, but that's super simple.

So big shout out to Keith at LVJ for making a really nice relay panel to give us LED maniacs some added power without a bunch of relays tucked in somewhere.

LVJ Motorsports Panel: https://www.lvjmotorsports.com/product-page/gen-2-hi-beam-modified-relay-panel

SPP Triple Fog Light Kit w/Baja Designs: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/2017-ford-raptor-triple-fog-light-kit-w-baja-designs-lights/

Baja Designs LP9: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/lp9/

Baja Designs XL80: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-auxiliary-lights/baja-designs/xl80/

Alternative Offroad A-Pillar Mounts: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/alternative-offroad-2015-ford-f-150-a-pillar-light-mount/

Baja Designs S2 Reverse Kit: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/

GJ Motorsports 3rd Brake Light Kit: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/gj-motorsports-2017-ford-f-150-raptor-3rd-brake-light/

Demo Video of Lights while driving:

52569261_10213939193049360_7338593435063943168_o.jpg

52608944_10213939192769353_6756497247581503488_o.jpg

52598450_10213923394374403_4465916250035322880_n.jpg

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I have the same panel, haven’t installed it yet as I changed my mind and want to do frame cut bumper and intercooler before I decide where to put the lights. Thanks for the write up.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info, thanks for the write up. Do the LP9s on the N-Fab mount obscure the front camera at all?

The video was great, by the way. Very helpful to see the effect of the various lights. Looks like the LP9 and the fog pockets are all you need for the most part. The XL80's don't add much with the LP9s. Very nice.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It blocks part of the camera but I can still see between them to see if im coming up near a wall or something.

XL80 are not really needed with the LP9 there... XL80 are good for spots if i don't want to flood anything else though...

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SPOD is a digital system with a control unit (switch panel). This is simply a relay panel that gives you more amperage/bigger wires for bigger amperage lights (like the LP9)

BlazinPond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome write up. Well done and looks great.

Quick question: Do you have any issues with people brighting you w/ S2 Pro on all the time?