LVJ hi-beam relay and GJ 3rd brake light installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That LVJ relay looks like a great option for amp hungry lights. When installing do you still keep the upfitter wires going through the factory fuse block as well?

OP
OP
FmaxTurboSi

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That LVJ relay looks like a great option for amp hungry lights. When installing do you still keep the upfitter wires going through the factory fuse block as well?

Yes still goes through the factory fuse block. The oem upfitter now act as an on/off switch for the hi-beam relay.

The LVJ unit is solid.

MrBuddha

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for LVJ relay panel as well...the unit is well built with a thoughtful choice of sleeves, stout wiring, and cable labels to make installation straightforward. The included instructions are for the Gen 2, but it's fairly easy to map the wiring to the Gen 3 aux wires.

Also, the metal bracket fits the battery tray mount points on the Gen 3 with no problems as well.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curius does this work? I think I read in another post somewhere the relay is actually triggered by the fogs? I would have to have my fogs on all the time for this setup to work properly?

OP
OP
FmaxTurboSi

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curius does this work? I think I read in another post somewhere the relay is actually triggered by the fogs? I would have to have my fogs on all the time for this setup to work properly?

It’s connected to the fogs yes, but it works the opposite. When hi beams are on, theoretically the fogs turn off.

So when the fogs are off, it turns the LVJ relay on. If that makes sense.