Lug Nut Swellinb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken4570

Reaction score
Went for my 60K service this morning, was having coffee at a nearby Chick fil-A and got a call from the service tech who told me I had swollen lug nuts.....w+F?, First I had heard of such a thing. Told me $220 for replacement. I spit chicken n coffee across the table. Told him never mind I'd get some at the local automotive store. He badgered me for a few about how "if" they could get them on I'd have to bring it back for them to take em' off. I laughed and told him put em back on. While I was waiting I went back to parts and asked if they had em' in stock, they brought them to me.....upon inspection they were the same capped crap they were about to take off. I just laughed and walked away....they were $86 by the way. A fine set of McGard's will cost you $108 on Amazon with free shipping & tax if you are a PRIME member. Don't fall for their $200+ scam that will NOT resolve the issue. Get you some solid one piece quality McGards!

McGard 64073 Chrome (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size) Bulge Cone Seat Style Lug Nut, (Set of 4)​

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went for my 60K service this morning, was having coffee at a nearby Chick fil-A and got a call from the service tech who told me I had swollen lug nuts.....w+F?, First I had heard of such a thing. Told me $220 for replacement. I spit chicken n coffee across the table. Told him never mind I'd get some at the local automotive store. He badgered me for a few about how "if" they could get them on I'd have to bring it back for them to take em' off. I laughed and told him put em back on. While I was waiting I went back to parts and asked if they had em' in stock, they brought them to me.....upon inspection they were the same capped crap they were about to take off. I just laughed and walked away....they were $86 by the way. A fine set of McGard's will cost you $108 on Amazon with free shipping & tax if you are a PRIME member. Don't fall for their $200+ scam that will NOT resolve the issue. Get you some solid one piece quality McGards!

McGard 64073 Chrome (M14 x 1.5 Thread Size) Bulge Cone Seat Style Lug Nut, (Set of 4)​

Have your nuts been getting banged around off road? It's always safer to warm them up a little before you beat on them. :cool:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just buy a 22mm deep socket for right now, then take your time finding the best replacement set of lug nuts. Once you've made the upgrade, keep those oem lug nuts handy, as they are great fun to toss out the sunroof whenever you encounter tailgaters.