Lug Nut Swellinb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok here it comes. At this point is there a general consensus of which is the better but. The McGuards or the Gorillas?

Do they both use a different size lugnut wrench?
Does one not rust?
Any difference in shoulder size that makes it better?
Who has a nicer finish?

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok here it comes. At this point is there a general consensus of which is the better but. The McGuards or the Gorillas?

Does one not rust?
Who has a nicer finish?

Meh, I think we are splitting hairs, they are both good, solid form, the important part is to ditch the OEM ones ASAP. Why risk a flat on the side of teh road and you cant get the GD wheel off because your nuts are swollen.....

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh, I think we are splitting hairs, they are both good, solid form, the important part is to ditch the OEM ones ASAP. Why risk a flat on the side of teh road and you cant get the GD wheel off because your nuts are swollen.....
Oh geez. Your right. That’s painful in more ways than one brother.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Does one not rust?
Who has a nicer finish?
I have the gorilla spline’s, it’s all up to you, they are both great nuts!

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are all of the McGard lug nuts 22mm? I bought a compact lug nut wrench a while back, and I really like it, but it only goes up to 21mm, which is great for the stock lug nuts, but going to be completely useless if I have to switch to 22mm. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the Gorillas will be my only option? Or is there a McGard spline option that has a 21mm key?

Is @CJ Pony Parts still a vendor here? According to this page, they haven't been online on the forum for over a year. I'd rather support someone who's still active, if possible...

Last edited:

Medic 6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered black lugs for mine after my commuter Fiesta lugs swelled up here in PA. Problem solved.
BNM.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had interest to go splined. But heard a couple of bad comments long ago on the forum. They have been great otherwise?
I’ve had them on my raptor for 8 or 9 years, no issue yet, what’s the bad on these?