GEN 1 Lug nut question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick question. I installed my new (Vince) SVT center caps this weekend on my Method Mesh wheels. Can I go back to using the stock lug nuts? Or must I continue to use the ugly, long lug nuts that worked with the Method center caps?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 12951

Stock lug nuts will NOT work on Method wheels. The stock lugnuts acorn will not fit down and torque properly. I saw a guy last Raptoberfest that used stock lugnuts on his methods and ended up ripping his wheel off and cause a shit more damage to the rear end when that happened as you can imagine.

There are other shorter lugnuts that will work.

OP
OP
DrippinRaptor

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stock lug nuts will NOT work on Method wheels. The stock lugnuts acorn will not fit down and torque properly. I saw a guy last Raptoberfest that used stock lugnuts on his methods and ended up ripping his wheel off and cause a shit more damage to the rear end when that happened as you can imagine.

There are other shorter lugnuts that will work.

Good to know. Thanks!

Grunzen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or two sets if you have 2 stock spares. Doh. It's always the small details that derail a plan at times.

D

Deleted member 12951

I don't have method wheels on mine but the ICON wheels use the same Gorilla lugnut. I choose to get 6 wheels and take off all stockers. :)