Lowrance external antennae mount locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any body have pics of where they mounted there antennas ? Can it be mounted under the cowl by the hood or does it need to be fully exposed ? I really would like it hidden but I'm not finding many antenna install pics
Thanks John

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best answer is to run it out the rear third brake light location it is fully exposed and best reception. The biggest reason you don't see anyone doing much for external antenna on the lowrance is it has the internal and most guys use that..

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is where I put mine

2935.jpg

I didn't drill any holes. I use a piece of lexan and sandwiched the cowl between the two. I need to make it black next.

OP
OP
fateinc2005

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is where I put mine

2935.jpg

I didn't drill any holes. I use a piece of lexan and sandwiched the cowl between the two. I need to make it black next.

I was looking at yours I like it there .I just bought some plastidip gonna paint it and probably mount it the same way .

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but.... I believe it's been posted here somewhere that painting or otherwise coating the antenna will block its reception.

I forget the details. But suffice to say, do your homework before trying to change the color.

OP
OP
fateinc2005

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot about it saw something about metallic paints shouldn't be used but nothing about plastidip. Will definitely findout now before I paint it thanks for the reminder ...

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the nice thing with plastidip is you can remove it if you loose signal.

If I can take the antenna apart I'll use Rit dye on it.

OP
OP
fateinc2005

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rit dye ? Like for clothes ? I've never heard of it being used like that .