Lowered Raptor FTW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayP

Reaction score
Love it! Its a good looking truck; I'd buy it. The Raptor itself is a hot rod - a modified version of an everyday vehicle. For most of us the whole point of the Raptor is to look cool and have a truck that CAN do anything, but will rarely ever see the south side of the pavement. This guy made his own hot rod that I would argue is more practical (for most of us) than the off road racers that we choose to make daily drivers. Just because its not your taste doesn't mean its not cool.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really wouldn’t mind having a second truck that is a lowered Supercab Gen 1 with (for weight reduction and stock gearing boost) 33 inch tires and a supercharger for urban asphalt only hooliganism!

I’m not a Starbucks Raptor driver and have actually jumped my current truck, but it not going to happen because the wife and I really need an SUV that is smaller than my Raptor in the driveway for urban parking and road trips.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do people keep posting comments that include some form of the phrase, “most Raptors never go off road”?

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My initial reaction is the sheer stupidity in wasting a purpose built truck for the entirely different purpose, wasting all the suspension upgrades which make the Raptor what it is. Just plain dumb.

But after noting it is really a lowered F150 that’s modded to look like a Raptor, kinda changes my perspective. A bit of an “homage” to the looks of our good looking Gen 2’s without wasting what a Raptor was designed to be.

To each their own. I guess I’m part of the 10% since I live 8-10ish miles off pavement. Any daily driver for me is “off road”...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you live in Colorado, where road maintenance is a distant memory, a trip to the grocery store can almost qualify as off road. I've had to replace tires and rims on my wife's car because she pounded through potholes you could build an outhouse over. She won't drive the Raptor. If she would, I'd buy her one. Instead, I buy her wheels and tires. Over and over again.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hater's will be hater's. You just can't appreciate someone else's version of the same truck you have. How dare them lower the truck !!!! When most of us use them as road queens anyways but nobody wants to admit it.

Stop hating on haters....