Lower rad hose ..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Ugg, I also got stuck dealing with this hose clamp. I made sure to have the tool referenced above but it still is a total pain to get off and get back on my new hose. The tool jaw plate is just too long and can't be fit up and in the area of the clamp very easily. It helped to initially get the clamp opened and the hose off but the reassembly on my new hose was problematic. I was able to have it staged lower on the hose but even then the clamp wouldn't open enough at max to easily slide up and around the bend and over the expanded hose once connected. I gave in and put a worm style clamp on there that I can access from the top of the engine bay. I'll take the tradeoff I guess.

was wondering if those clamps would work.

kidkotic2001

Reaction score
I guess I'm about to take that on. Radiator was replaced but that lower hose the one that connects to the Radiator the qd is leaking even with the clip ba k on. The hose does not fall but there is a leak. Also passed because I just wasted half of the coolant. To top it off dealer wants 500 to replace plus 180 for hose. Orileys has one for 129.

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I guess I'm about to take that on. Radiator was replaced but that lower hose the one that connects to the Radiator the qd is leaking even with the clip ba k on. The hose does not fall but there is a leak. Also passed because I just wasted half of the coolant. To top it off dealer wants 500 to replace plus 180 for hose. Orileys has one for 129.

Yeah even with my discount at work is a crazy price to pay for installation.