Lower rad hose ..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Truck info: 2013 NA-6.2l screw

Before i give up and just send this to the techs here at work, im giving a shot out to anyone that knows how to take off lower radiator hose. Ive looked online/youtube to no luck.

The qd part of the hose i can get but what about the small metal attachments by the oil filter? How to they come off?
Aslo i take off both skid plates to reach the thermostat area correct? I believe the housing bolts are 8mm from what i could find.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh fun. you have found that lower spring clamp for the hose i see. it sucks. it really really sucks. even more when you go to put it back on. truck at the right height, and the drivers front wheel off definitely help. give it to one of your guys who has the longest arms

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the spring clamp?

Depending on what it looks like, I may have a tool that will help.

OP
OP
Irregular F150

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
oh fun. you have found that lower spring clamp for the hose i see. it sucks. it really really sucks. even more when you go to put it back on. truck at the right height, and the drivers front wheel off definitely help. give it to one of your guys who has the longest arms

Spring clamp? Is that the qd one on the radiator or by the oil filter? Idk what the one that hooks the the thermostat housing looks like

I noticed id probably have to take a wheel off when i got back under and took the other plate off. The thermostat is in a stupid location lol

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh man thanks for the offer its really appreciated :) I work at a dealership(the bowtie one) and i can borrow whatever tools i need from the techs here.
its down low on the motor side. its one of those round ones you have to pinch to expand it. i ended up not putting it on. got a hose clamp on there instead. was easier

MikeyD

Reaction score
I cannot for the life of me get that spring clamp off I could touch it but I could not get a tool on it that would allow me to put enough pressure to relieve the tension on the spring and remove the hose I spent two hours trying every conceivable angle… Whoever put that clamp on really had it in for me lol

MikeyD

Reaction score
I was just doing preventative hose replacement at 90,000 miles when I flushed my coolant anybody have any tips or tricks to get that hose clamp off or do I have to take it to the dreaded dealership