Lower control arm skid plate how to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
i looked on the website and couldnt find any instructions. i was just curious how difficult and how to go about installing them in the garage versus having to take it to a shop to install? it looks like two bolt locations from the lower shock bolt and the rear bolt of the control arm are used to go along with the two u bolt clamps you provide... i was just curious as to how to support the shock if needed and if an alignment is needed afterwards since removing bolts from the a arm etc.

khcdave

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just remove the nut off the lower shock bolt and the nut off the lower sway bar link. You might need to move the lower shock bolt back a bit- if so jack it up unloading the suspension then move it back so it is flush with the mount. Slide the plate onto the sway bar link bolt and then loosely install the clamps. Push the lower shock bolt through the mounting hole in the plate. It might be a little tuff. Once through, start tightening the clamps then the nuts.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

alignment will not be needed.

OP
OP
Danactive

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Lol yes but I want to get a few things so I don't have to sit in that horrible traffic again lol I'm thinking skid plates, rear bumper and dove tail mod will be on the to do list :) just need to sell the damn wheels lol