Lower Control Arm Bushing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a light prep on my truck over this past week and noticed that the drivers side lower control arm mount has been bashed in and has worn away the bushing on the LCA. I'm pretty much at metal on metal right now. Ford is telling me that they don't sell the bushing assembly on its own and you have to buy an all new LCA. Can anyone confirm if that's true or not? I find it hard to believe that you're forced to buy a whole new arm for this...

LCA.jpg

Last edited:

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I hope not. I planned on changing bushings as part of my b1K prep.

And cue the "buy SDHQs new LCAS" in 3... 2... 1...

**Edit** I checked teamfordparts.com and its not showing the bushing as a separate component. Just the LCA for $394 per side. The ball joint is replaceable though...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warranty/maintenance plan won't cover it?

Nope. Too obvious i hit something. And I have LOTS of leeway as far as warranty work goes but just can't get around this one...

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

**Edit** I checked teamfordparts.com and its not showing the bushing as a separate component. Just the LCA for $394 per side. The ball joint is replaceable though...

:banghead:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I hope not. I planned on changing bushings as part of my b1K prep.

And cue the "buy SDHQs new LCAS" in 3... 2... 1...

Might try aftermarket. I thought some of the arms for other vehicles Ford makes they tell you to replace the whole thing while some parts places will sell you the parts. Try Moog?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I guess those new LCAs are looking a little better.

I seriously was going to replace mine too. (the bushings...)

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Might try aftermarket. I thought some of the arms for other vehicles Ford makes they tell you to replace the whole thing while some parts places will sell you the parts. Try Moog?
I just checked and they are not showing anything on their corporate website for any of the '09+ F150s.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tizz, I have NO problem spending YOUR money! :lol2:

All I ask is you post pics on this fine forum!

Can I interest you in the RPG top secret LT kit. Keeps the stock width and adds inches, just what every man needs!