Low Torque Low power issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mystique

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2012 6.2 with 25k miles. Up to the last 5000 mi the truck was a rocket. In the past several months the torque and power from the engine appear to have diminished to the extent it feels like my animal has lost its balls. If you stomp on the gas it resists accelerating, and to accelerate at any speed it requires a decent amount of pedal pressure. (previously if you got on it, the back wheels would break free due to the power.) The vehicle accelerates but feels like its holding back. (almost like a clogged air filter, or similar to if you were pulling a large boat on a trailer.. etc) Also, when it shifts into second gear until the rpms get high enough, its really fighting for power it noticeably bogs down..

Brought it in to the Dealer. I took the tech for a ride and had him drive it.
results : no codes found. no issues found. whatttt??? They reset the transmission suspecting that it just needed to relearn the shifting and said everything else looked fine.
Any ideas as to what could cause loss of torque and all around loss of power.?
I am taking it back to the dealer and also looking for a different dealer for a second opinion, but i would like to point them in the right direction. I dont think they are looking hard enough.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the catalytic converter. if it is clogged, the engine can't breathe.

Jeff Quinn

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a 'just announced' recall for Dodge causing stall, lack of power. Electrical Problem.

Check your badging & make sure it says Raptor ~ not Ram
:hidesbehindsofa:

Note:
There seems to be a pattern forming :uhoh2: with "1st post problems"
:hmm:I've never seen this before until just recently.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2012 6.2 with 25k miles. Up to the last 5000 mi the truck was a rocket. In the past several months the torque and power from the engine appear to have diminished to the extent it feels like my animal has lost its balls. If you stomp on the gas it resists accelerating, and to accelerate at any speed it requires a decent amount of pedal pressure. (previously if you got on it, the back wheels would break free due to the power.) The vehicle accelerates but feels like its holding back. (almost like a clogged air filter, or similar to if you were pulling a large boat on a trailer.. etc) Also, when it shifts into second gear until the rpms get high enough, its really fighting for power it noticeably bogs down..

Brought it in to the Dealer. I took the tech for a ride and had him drive it.
results : no codes found. no issues found. whatttt??? They reset the transmission suspecting that it just needed to relearn the shifting and said everything else looked fine.
Any ideas as to what could cause loss of torque and all around loss of power.?
I am taking it back to the dealer and also looking for a different dealer for a second opinion, but i would like to point them in the right direction. I dont think they are looking hard enough.

Had a guy with very similar issues, ended up being a bad cat all along.

-Jeff

OP
OP
M

Mystique

Reaction score
Is it possible to have a bad cat and not throw any codes? I've taken it to two different dealers and it seems all they do is hook it up and check for codes. Then they tell me they can't find anything wrong. So basically they don't look any farther if there are no codes..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But the fuel filter is in the tank. looks like a big sock on the end of the fuel pickup. Would have to have some pretty bad gas to clog that thing.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Good point. Different vehicle but my jeep had a similar issue and that's what it was but the filter setup was different, so u can probably scratch that idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I know it's a dumb question but have you checked the obvious stuff like your air filter and so on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk