Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

1. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

Depends on the state/country. OP lists his location as Puerto Rico. As a consumer with new vehicle under warranty, you’re much better off requesting a loaner and extended warranty or vehicle payment from the manufacturer than calling a lawyer.

2. Ricky Fuentes

Ricky Fuentes Member

No leaks detected. Is 01/2019 fabrication date. Consuming 3quart before every 1.000 miles. Actual mileage 4,633. They are waiting for Ford to tell them what my be the problem.

3. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

If its not blowing blue out the exhaust, that's a major leak somewhere.

4. Ricky Fuentes

Ricky Fuentes Member

No leaks detected. 3 quarts every 1,000 miles. Build date 01/2019. Ford ask them for some pictures and they’ll let them know what might be the problem. Actual mileage 4,633

5. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

I personally find it hard to believe that you're losing 3 quarts in every thousand miles, thats over 12 quarts and there's no sign of an oil leak under or over the truck? Not calling you a liar, but how can this be? The exhaust would show signs. Are you adding oil to the truck or is ford? What was your first clue of the oil consumption? I know, a lot of questions. :)

Traffic22 likes this.
  6. Ricky Fuentes

Ricky Fuentes Member

I find hard to believe my self . The first time oil low pressure light came on was around the first 3,800 miles.
    I had to add 3 quarts of oil. Took it to the dealer. They make an oil change to monitor what was going wrong. So second time low oil pressure came on was around 4,633 miles when I check the deep stick no sign of oil again. They told me don’t do anything we will tow it to the dealer. So they are supposed to let me know this week or the next one.

CoronaRaptor likes this.
  7. FordTechOne

FordTechOne FRF Addict

Not sure why the dealer needs to wait on Ford for a resolution. They should be performing TSB 20-2162, which in your case will have them replace both valve covers with the updated parts and update the PCM calibration.

WNCHSTR96 and Brett Rahn like this.
  8. Brett Rahn

Brett Rahn Full Access Member

That tsb fixed mine as well

FordTechOne likes this.
  9. guitar2323

guitar2323 Member

I have a 2019. I bought it in March 2020. It was a leftover with 100 miles on it. I changed the oil at 989 miles. It has 3000 miles on it now and it’s a quart low. I see no leaks.

10. Traffic22

Traffic22 Full Access Member

That’s quite a bit of consumption. If you’re not blowing blue smoke, there’s got to be a leak somewhere. Just like the OP, oil either burns out the exhaust, or drips somewhere.

I have an early-mid build 18 and just about 3k since last oil change and still pretty much in the middle of the dipstick. 13k miles total to this point.

I’m not familiar with the valve cover TSB, but could it be a small slow leak dripping onto the manifold and burning off? When the truck is warm/hot do you have a slight burning oil smell under hood?

It’s got to go somewhere?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk