Low Oil Pressure Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dang, you only got a short block, that's still better than a junker. Hopefully they put the updated cam phasers on it during reassembly. Sounds like the mechanic is at least on your side, nice of him to take the time to share pics.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
AutoNation Ford Dealer told me that the engine was send directly from Ford. They are a Ford dealer so I don't believe they will give me a engine from a junk place. According to them, it took them weeks for Ford to approve the engine replacement. They showed me the pics when they open the box and all the installation process. The mechanic shared the photos and videos. My problem is that they didn't give me the year of the engine. According to the mechanic it is the 2020-2021 engine but he couldn't be 100% sure. Should I call directly to Ford? I got a letter from Ford saying to update the PCM (program 21N08) for free. I believe you guys should got the same letter.
Since the engine came from Ford it will be the latest design. They don’t continue to produce previous versions of the same engine. If changes/modifications are needed for the new engine to be compatible, they provide instructions and/or a service bulletin.

The new PCM software is FSA 21B10. They should complete that before returning the truck to you.

Who is the extended warranty through?

ba123

Reaction score
If they ordered the engine from Ford, it technically doesn’t have a year atttached to it, it’s just an engine. As far as the low oil pressure, it didn’t happen to occur when you were sitting at a light and 5g start stop engaged…that happened to me twice, oil pressure was low because the engine stopped, kinda. Only happened twice and I was looking at the gauge and wasn’t low.