Low Oil Pressure Warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search but didn't really find an answer to my particular issue. 3 weeks ago, I bought a 2018 Raptor with 29K miles. Drove it cross country (2,500) miles back to Utah. Took it through Moab just for fun!

A week later, I'm driving it and I get a Low Oil Pressure Warning. Quickly pull over, turn off the engine and start it back up. Pressure returns and I'm on my way. Jump in the truck later that day and the Check Engine light is on. I also noticed that I had a few spots of oil on my driveway. Checked Oil level and it was perfect. Had it towed to the dealerships where they replaced the Oil Pressure Sensor and replace a cracked valve cover.

Get the truck back and the next day, I get the Low Oil Pressure Warning again. Pull over, shut off the truck, restart and it's good, pressure is back up. Later that day, Check Engine Light comes back on. Take it back to the dealer. It's been there for 3 days now and I get the feeling they are stumped on the issue. Every test they do, is showing that the truck has oil pressure. They are telling me that they have been on the phone with Ford trying to sort things out.

Anyone have experience with this? It seems to trigger when the Auto Start/Stop is enabled, engine has shut off due to being at a stop light, engine comes back on, and accelerating away from the light.

Thanks in advance.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the engine oil pressure is within spec per a manual gauge and the oil pressure sending unit has been replaced, there is most likely a circuit issue between the sender and PCM. Hopefully Ford Tech Support can walk the dealer through isolating root cause.

Do you have fully dealership maintenance history on the vehicle? It’s also possible that the two stage oil pump is sticking in low pressure mode intermittently, which will cause low oil pressure at higher engine speeds. If the oil changes were not performed within the specified intervals for the given operating conditions, or if low grade oil as used, there may be sludge/buildup causing the pump valve to stick.