Low Oil Pressure Warning, But No Low Oil Pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Coyote Raptor

Reaction score
I was out this morning and decided to get a little aggressive and have some fun during my morning drive. When I was really getting on it, I got a notification that my oil pressure was low. The oil pressure gauge then went blank. However, on the measurements screen, it did not show low oil pressure. The pressure was within its normal range. Any thoughts?

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was out this morning and decided to get a little aggressive and have some fun during my morning drive. When I was really getting on it, I got a notification that my oil pressure was low. The oil pressure gauge then went blank. However, on the measurements screen, it did not show low oil pressure. The pressure was within its normal range. Any thoughts?
What year, and what miles? The oil pressure can temporarily throw a light, and when you check the number it would go back to normal. I am curious if this is related to the valve cover issue where others reported same and Ford had a tsb for replacing valve covers (baffling was not right I think).

OP
OP
Coyote Raptor

Coyote Raptor

Reaction score
It is a 2019 with about 38k miles on it. I always keep the measurements on my screen so I can keep an eye on everything. The light popped up, I cleared it and immediately looked at the oil pressure reading. The reading was at ~40psi. I pulled over and it was staying at around 20psi at idle.

Another thought is that I need a phaser cam replacement. The dealer told me that they are having trouble getting them in, and recommended I wait a couple of months. He said that it won't do any damage. However, I have heard that it can mess up your engine timing. I am wondering if that is playing into it.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my case I got that warning due to the Valve Cover being cracked and oil leaked onto the sensor harness which then ate through the coating of wiring causing the error. Yes, that was fun getting diagnosed o_O

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is a 2019 with about 38k miles on it. I always keep the measurements on my screen so I can keep an eye on everything. The light popped up, I cleared it and immediately looked at the oil pressure reading. The reading was at ~40psi. I pulled over and it was staying at around 20psi at idle.

Another thought is that I need a phaser cam replacement. The dealer told me that they are having trouble getting them in, and recommended I wait a couple of months. He said that it won't do any damage. However, I have heard that it can mess up your engine timing. I am wondering if that is playing into it.
Cam phasers have nothing to do with a low oil pressure issue.

If the sump draws in air, the engine will lose oil pressure momentarily. Checking oil pressure afterward is not a valid way to determine if pressure was lost at the time that the indication came on. Did you check your oil level?