Loud Popping and Static from speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbonzo

Reaction score
Gremlins….
This isn’t the first time this has happened. Turned on the truck heard a loud static noise then loud popping like someone throwing pop rocks in the cab. Safe to say I’m half deaf. No sound or anything turned the truck off, opened the door nothing. Eventually it will work after a few power up downs. Anyone else have this issue or found a fix?

SeasickLI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about this a while back. Think people had to pull a fuse and reseat it. I want to say it was the amplifier fuse

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gremlins….
This isn’t the first time this has happened. Turned on the truck heard a loud static noise then loud popping like someone throwing pop rocks in the cab. Safe to say I’m half deaf. No sound or anything turned the truck off, opened the door nothing. Eventually it will work after a few power up downs. Anyone else have this issue or found a fix?
Check over in the “Audio” section; there’re a few threads about it.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It applies to 2021-2023 Expedition and F-150.
Sometimes when I’m driving, I notice that the volume gets lower. I don’t know if there’s something wrong with a speaker or two or if there’s something wrong with the amp, electrical system, etc. does the service message 51663 reprogram address any issue like that?

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I’m driving, I notice that the volume gets lower. I don’t know if there’s something wrong with a speaker or two or if there’s something wrong with the amp, electrical system, etc. does the service message 51663 reprogram address any issue like that?
Turn off your speed sensitive volume maybe that’s the culprit