Loud fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Johnny Cee

Reaction score
Have you tried cleaning your radiator? I cleaned my sons radiator and there looked to be about 5 lbs of dirt come out of it (outside). It takes a lot of rinsing and soaking to dislodge the dirt. Mine never runs on high speed unless the outdoor temp is above 90f. I could count on one hand how many times i've heard the high speed fans come on in the last 11 years. I think the temperature probe is on top of the rad support. I might go take a pic, maybe yours is toast or has been relocated.
I will try that too, here in Fresno its always over 90 so its always loud when the ac is on.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m glad the actual topic of this thread was what it was. I had flashbacks to that game at Camden Yards next to the Cleveland Indians fan.

chefsam

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just had a loud fan noise my 2018 antifreeze was low picked some motorcraft up at the ford dealer it took almost all of it, was about 2 months ago. Just took the truck to the dealer for oil/cabin filter change and mentioned it to the advisor. He said they found a very slow drip of the water pump and replaced it under warranty

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well im sure that of that too, its just super annoying hearing the fans and having to turn the truck off in drive thru.
Yep, my '13 is the same, over 100° outside and it sounds like a hovercraft. Might be an aftermarket fan option but I didn't pursue it; you can A) move somewhere cooler, B) stop going to drive thrus (unless it's Starbucks, c'mon we're not savages), C) both. I chose C haha! Or just shut her down when you order...or dump the exhaust right after the cats maybe? You'd never notice the fans again :troll3:

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock fans are just loud. Washing out the radiator once in a while will help a little. Having a/c on, even low, air needs to pass thru the condenser for it to work. We have stock plastic fans that “try” to pull a lot of air thru the trans cooler, condenser and the radiator, so yeah it’s loud.

OP
OP
J

Johnny Cee

Reaction score
just had a loud fan noise my 2018 antifreeze was low picked some motorcraft up at the ford dealer it took almost all of it, was about 2 months ago. Just took the truck to the dealer for oil/cabin filter change and mentioned it to the advisor. He said they found a very slow drip of the water pump and replaced it under warranty
Ok, I will check it out.

OP
OP
J

Johnny Cee

Reaction score
Yep, my '13 is the same, over 100° outside and it sounds like a hovercraft. Might be an aftermarket fan option but I didn't pursue it; you can A) move somewhere cooler, B) stop going to drive thrus (unless it's Starbucks, c'mon we're not savages), C) both. I chose C haha! Or just shut her down when you order...or dump the exhaust right after the cats maybe? You'd never notice the fans again :troll3:
When in doubt "c" it out. Its good to know I'm not the only first gen with this issue.

OP
OP
J

Johnny Cee

Reaction score
The stock fans are just loud. Washing out the radiator once in a while will help a little. Having a/c on, even low, air needs to pass thru the condenser for it to work. We have stock plastic fans that “try” to pull a lot of air thru the trans cooler, condenser and
Yeach there is a lot o
The stock fans are just loud. Washing out the radiator once in a while will help a little. Having a/c on, even low, air needs to pass thru the condenser for it to work. We have stock plastic fans that “try” to pull a lot of air thru the trans cooler, condenser and the radiator, so yeah it’s loud.
F stuff there. Appreciate your post.