Loud Exhaust Rattle - Currently no fix from Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

topgun964

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is in for service and the rattle as we speak. They are telling me there is still no fix and still no ETA on a fix. Very frustrating this hasn't been resolved yet.

OP
OP
T

TurboM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like I/we could lemon the truck on this issue at this point. Definitely won't but with the dealer/Ford refusing to fix a glaring issue I feel like it would be an option. I'm not exaggerating how bad mine sounds. It's so embarrassing everytime I start it.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. Pretty much all dealers around here are short on techs so that is the standard response I get from almost everyone.
Same. Even my wife’s Honda, took in for normal service. 10 days out for “diagnostic” on a little shimmy in the front end. So you can do normal repairs but can’t spend 5 min on the highway? Got it. Lots of long wait times and BS everywhere and every industry it seems

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel like I/we could lemon the truck on this issue at this point. Definitely won't but with the dealer/Ford refusing to fix a glaring issue I feel like it would be an option. I'm not exaggerating how bad mine sounds. It's so embarrassing everytime I start it.
Its not that they’re refusing to fix it. They’ve indicated that they’re working on a fix, expected timing is September 2022, so hopefully we see something come through soon.

tone

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been contemplating to send it back to a dealer in NYC but they would say the same, No fix.

Someone in this tread mentioned the muffler was replaced but still made the same noise. Just hope it’s not a major issue. I’ve been driving in sport exhaust to avoid the frustration…