GEN 2 Lost Key Fob - Bad Guys May Be Able To Track It To My Address

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Basil S2K

Reaction score
So... I travel to LA often and may have left a key fob for my Raptor in a rental car.

Not worried about the fob itself more worried that whoever found it may get my name and address from rental agreement....

I've called my dealer but it will take some time to get this sorted out. meanwhile what can i do to keep someone from walking up and driving it away?

using the ebrake as it's not obvious how to turn that off and leaving in 4x4 low as that will prevent a fast getaway.

any other ideas that will help me sleep at night?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Is there a way to get a home address from a fob? I seriously don't know, but I can't see someone going to that amount of trouble and go cross country. Thieves aren't that smart and generally lack that type of moxie. lol.

I would just make sure my insurance is payed up and sleep easy.

WireNutz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a new fob and have ford program the fobs you have, and delete the one lost. That will make the lost fob inactive and just a nice paperweight for whoever has it.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be stupid and dangerous to loosen all of the lug nuts on one of the wheels every night, but it might work. :shakehead: How about a club while you wait to see if the fob turns up? You're going to get r a p e d by the dealer for new fobs.