GEN 2 Loss of power, under heavy accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
update.

So in addition to checking the oil levels and the air filter, I did remove the tune all together. I did three wide open throttle pulls through all the gears past seventh gear with no check engine light now.

Tomorrow I will do the same but over 50 miles to go to work one way and I will do 5 to 8 wide open throttle pulls to see if I can replicate a check engine light and to see if the codes are different if I do get a light.

It does feel like a tame animal though without no tune LOL

It's always such a bummer going back to stock.

I feel like these trucks have SO many parameters and sensors, if anything is just a little off, it doesnt like it.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It may or may not help but at this point you should try cleaning your MAP sensors. MAF sensor cleaner works well and can be found at Walmart.

4b-ab4d36e0cc8f_2.adb8bbb7d9093d8a42578af57d274984.jpg

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree... I have a video of some loud ticking noise, which is rather concerning. The noise is not because of the aftermarket intercooler install.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Allegedly Fords and particularly this Raptor, ticks a lot lol. But mine is louder than it was before I removed the damn tune.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Allegedly Fords and particularly this Raptor, ticks a lot lol. But mine is louder than it was before I removed the damn tune.

Not necessarily ford, but direct injection (DI) cars in general. The injectors are at super high pressure and it is just loud.

OP
OP
D

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YEP.

I hope they can fix this by 24th. I have a trip to ATL. Going to make arrangements to drop it off today or tmo.

Cheers Gents.

jimxyz

Reaction score
Watching this thread with interest. I don't have the loud ticking sound but have been experiencing a sudden loss of power under load (either feels like it stalled for a second or it hesitates to accelerate. Yesterday it felt like the turbos had quit completely) - though not really heavy load. Truck has 5k miles on it and dealer currently has it and thinks it is the MAP sensor - replacement going in tomorrow.