Losing Patience.. Sept 1, 2022 Blend Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a truck September of last year. oxford white every option. I bought an identical 37PP in April at a local dealer but never cancelled my original order. My thought process was to sell one of them once I have both in possession. Long story short I got the apology email from Ford last week for the long delay and that they will update me soon. Never got a vin or build info. Glad I didn't wait. I paid $5k over but worth it to get it a year sooner if the other truck is ever even built. I'm not going to cancel the other and I find it interesting to watch how slow that process is going for that truck. I agree, no rhyme or reason from what I can tell.
What he said. Except ordered October 14, 2021. Found one and bought it in March. The 22 order just got turned into a 23 with a price increase and the color I wanted is no longer available, but still waiting on the VIN.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a truck September of last year. oxford white every option. I bought an identical 37PP in April at a local dealer but never cancelled my original order. My thought process was to sell one of them once I have both in possession. Long story short I got the apology email from Ford last week for the long delay and that they will update me soon. Never got a vin or build info. Glad I didn't wait. I paid $5k over but worth it to get it a year sooner if the other truck is ever even built. I'm not going to cancel the other and I find it interesting to watch how slow that process is going for that truck. I agree, no rhyme or reason from what I can tell.

What he said. Except ordered October 14, 2021. Found one and bought it in March. The 22 order just got turned into a 23 with a price increase and the color I wanted is no longer available, but still waiting on the VIN.
Tack on another…I ordered mine 10/4/21, now converted to a 23.
By chance I stumbled onto a new 22 CO that someone had given up on, bought it, and so glad I did, just shy of 1k miles so far. It’s a great pickup, I’m extremely happy with it, and really have no reason to continue to wait for my ordered Raptor…other than the sheer entertainment value of how long it will take to actually arrive.

lancemccollum

Reaction score
Mine was ordered 11/8/21. Went into production on 08/08/22. And the tracker isn't showing that it has been built, yet. Even though the blend date is 8/6/22. It is my understanding that the truck has been built. But, is in "chip hold" purgatory. I have been unable to get an accurate update, or ETA from my dealer, or, from Ford.

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone may have, regarding who I may contact, if anyone, to get the truck moving.

Thanks,

Lance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929-172618_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220929-172618_Chrome.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 22

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine was ordered 11/8/21. Went into production on 08/08/22. And the tracker isn't showing that it has been built, yet. Even though the blend date is 8/6/22. It is my understanding that the truck has been built. But, is in "chip hold" purgatory. I have been unable to get an accurate update, or ETA from my dealer, or, from Ford.

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone may have, regarding who I may contact, if anyone, to get the truck moving.

Thanks,

Lance
IIRC, didn’t you post this in another thread?

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW…this is just sad on Ford’s part honestly.

baracus

Reaction score
I ordered my Gen 3 in July of 2021. Was told I should get it in September 2021. It went into production in October 2021 and sat in a lot for five months. Received my 2021 model year Raptor mid March 2022.

FWIW. I freaking love the truck

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed an order last December and the only thing I have received is an apology email from ford regarding the chip shortage at this point

JoshyP

Reaction score
If you order through the dealer using their allocation. How are y’all getting VINs and contact from Ford directly? Are y’all going through the dealer to get that info? I’m new to this game…