Losing Patience.. Sept 1, 2022 Blend Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjsmith7692

Reaction score
I know others have had it far worse, but I feel like I'm going crazy and am about to lose all patience. Ordered a 37PP 01/15/22, never got any emails or confirmation from Ford. Kept following up with my dealer and never heard back. Finally looked over my paperwork and thanks to forums, found out how to reach out to Ford Performance about an update using my order #. In October, I was able to get my VIN.

Come Sept 1, it goes into production, Ford tracker updates 9/3/22 to show a small dot inside the "In Production" circle with the date 9/3/22 underneath. I follow up with FP mid-Sept to hear it left for a body shop 9/6/22. I reach out to my dealer letting him know I have heard my truck went through the production line and that I had my VIN. I finally hear back that it's showing as "Micro Chip at Plant On Hold" but with an ETA of 9/27-10/3.

I waited until 10/4 to follow up with FP just to be told to check in the following week. I got impatient and followed up today, 10/6, and was told my new ETA is 10/15-10/21.

I am okay waiting and I understand that the pandemic messed a bunch of stuff up. But I am going crazy with the absolute lack of information from Ford. Seeing trucks get ordered months after mine, being built after mine, and somehow leaving first is driving me insane. The fact that there is zero transparency with the process and no rhyme or reason as to how trucks get prioritized is heavily deterring me from ever wanting to order anything again from Ford.

Sorry for the rant, but I definitely felt the need to vent to others who understand my pain. Anyone else with a similar blend date still waiting or already had their truck ship? At the very least I wish Ford could provide an actual ETA for when microchips will come in, how high up on the priority list my truck is sitting, and when my truck will ship; rather than simply continually pushing ETA dates back by two weeks after they miss the previous ETA date.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty well known what is going on and is not a secret, trucks are flying down the line regardless if parts are available and they get parked in a lot until manpower or parts are available to assemble. The micro chip hold is generic for pretty much anything, your truck could be sitting missing fender flares, a ford badge, or modules.

People I know that work at DTP said there isn’t much science to it. It could sit longer than others for as simple as it being parked in a back row or has serious body defects that isn’t as easy as installing a part. Also they sit with the keys in it running on fumes.

The ETA is automatically generated and has nothing to do with specific situations. Not much Ford can do.

RaptorTX

Reaction score
While I understand the frustration, look at it from the perspective that your truck is built and you will eventually get it. I had a blend date of 9/15/2021 and went through months of eta changes due to chip hold and finally took delivery 2/4/2022. Many of us on here have the same story, which is better than those that ordered and it never got picked up. As said before, just be patient for it will be worth it in the end.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s an over look. how much time mine took, finally shipped October 4th. It’s also the 37pkg holding you. It always takes longer than a 35s

Attachments

• 61AB5873-ACD0-410C-A0D2-AA7734D2F6EF.png
    61AB5873-ACD0-410C-A0D2-AA7734D2F6EF.png
    280.7 KB · Views: 76

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know others have had it far worse, but I feel like I'm going crazy and am about to lose all patience. Ordered a 37PP 01/15/22, never got any emails or confirmation from Ford. Kept following up with my dealer and never heard back. Finally looked over my paperwork and thanks to forums, found out how to reach out to Ford Performance about an update using my order #. In October, I was able to get my VIN.

Come Sept 1, it goes into production, Ford tracker updates 9/3/22 to show a small dot inside the "In Production" circle with the date 9/3/22 underneath. I follow up with FP mid-Sept to hear it left for a body shop 9/6/22. I reach out to my dealer letting him know I have heard my truck went through the production line and that I had my VIN. I finally hear back that it's showing as "Micro Chip at Plant On Hold" but with an ETA of 9/27-10/3.

I waited until 10/4 to follow up with FP just to be told to check in the following week. I got impatient and followed up today, 10/6, and was told my new ETA is 10/15-10/21.

I am okay waiting and I understand that the pandemic messed a bunch of stuff up. But I am going crazy with the absolute lack of information from Ford. Seeing trucks get ordered months after mine, being built after mine, and somehow leaving first is driving me insane. The fact that there is zero transparency with the process and no rhyme or reason as to how trucks get prioritized is heavily deterring me from ever wanting to order anything again from Ford.

Sorry for the rant, but I definitely felt the need to vent to others who understand my pain. Anyone else with a similar blend date still waiting or already had their truck ship? At the very least I wish Ford could provide an actual ETA for when microchips will come in, how high up on the priority list my truck is sitting, and when my truck will ship; rather than simply continually pushing ETA dates back by two weeks after they miss the previous ETA date.
Unfortunately it's just a wait and see game. Ask the Bronco order holders.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to the club and your 37PP has just about every option that has supply constraints. So unfortunately until they get those chip(s) and/or part(s) arrive it's just a guessing game. We deal with that on construction schedules all day long. It's hard to project a date when your waiting on materials from external supliers that don't have firm delivery dates. It sucks I know, that is why I ordered mine with limited options to hopefully mitigate those "chip" issues and it worked, only to sit for 3 months awaiting shipping due to trucker shortages! So hopefully that is not your next delay...

Matmanand4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told by Ford Performance that there is no way to predict when a truck will get the VIN#. Ordered 7/22 and heard only the email they received the order and the email 45 days later to keep me posted. Dealer has no clue as well.

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a truck September of last year. oxford white every option. I bought an identical 37PP in April at a local dealer but never cancelled my original order. My thought process was to sell one of them once I have both in possession. Long story short I got the apology email from Ford last week for the long delay and that they will update me soon. Never got a vin or build info. Glad I didn't wait. I paid $5k over but worth it to get it a year sooner if the other truck is ever even built. I'm not going to cancel the other and I find it interesting to watch how slow that process is going for that truck. I agree, no rhyme or reason from what I can tell.

LuckyKnuckle36

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I was told by Ford Performance that there is no way to predict when a truck will get the VIN#. Ordered 7/22 and heard only the email they received the order and the email 45 days later to keep me posted. Dealer has no clue as well.
Hopefully you actually have an allocation from your dealer for your order, if not it will just stay unscheduled clean...

Liberty16

Reaction score
I feel your pain! Ordered MY22 37 PP with every option at MSRP on 11/10/21. The truck was built on 8/7/22 it has been sitting on ramp 59 in Dearborn on a Microchip hold I was told by Ford Performance and my dealer. I was also told the chip is expected 10/15-10/21 if that happens with delivery times, I will be lucky to get my truck before Christmas! I am looking at over a year's wait! Ford keeps sending weekly emails thanking me for my patience, lol! Thanks, Ford. I was going to finance, but rates are too high, so I'll probably pay cash - another negative for the long production time we missed out on historically low rates. Good luck with all 2022 remaining orders. For those who are putting in the 2023 orders, this will be your reality.