Looks like no BlueCruise for Raptor - 801a's READ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been looking at the PowerBoost F150....
Pondering dropping the Raptor order and ordering a PowerBoost...

Ugh, I'm so torn, between all the features that are being stripped and the posts I see with owners claiming 12-14mpg... it's got me doubting the Raptor...I just love the body... the regular F150s are just so tame looking.
Not all owners are getting 12-14 mpg. My last fill up at roughly 5k mile. If they’re getting that, they’re doing some, shall I say “spirited driving” and there’s absolutely nothing wrong about that.

Attachments

• C948295A-CC77-4CEF-AF3B-6DC5264E1E5F.jpeg
    C948295A-CC77-4CEF-AF3B-6DC5264E1E5F.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 60

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been looking at the PowerBoost F150....
Pondering dropping the Raptor order and ordering a PowerBoost...

Ugh, I'm so torn, between all the features that are being stripped and the posts I see with owners claiming 12-14mpg... it's got me doubting the Raptor...I just love the body... the regular F150s are just so tame looking.
My lifetime avg on my 18 was 13 mpg with 10k miles. Mostly city. But then again, I've owned a lot of trucks and never got better than 13 mpg.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
This really ****** me off. Blue Cruise was one of the reasons I purchased the Raptor in the first place. I do a lot of interstate driving to my deer lease and was planning to purchase a larger travel trailer and start taking family trips when Blue Cruise became active.

If I would have known Blue Cruise was a no-go on the Raptor, I would have purchased the Tremor or another model.

Ford cannot just sit back and give refunds and avoid liability. Someone who purchased the truck with the expectation of it being Blue Cruise capable is out a lot more than $795 equipment fee. We purchased a vehicle that is not what was advertised.

I live in Texas and this is a violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. It is basically a bait and switch sale.

The other good thing about Texas is that you can sue Ford and the jury can award triple damages.

Looks like I will be sending Ford a demand letter next week.
Interesting. Still waiting on my order to be picked up. I am curious about what you consider "damages", were you damaged somehow? Not trying to be a smartass, just wondering how legal stuff works. Pretty sure Judge Judy would tell you pound sand. But who knows.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all owners are getting 12-14 mpg. My last fill up at roughly 5k mile. If they’re getting that, they’re doing some, shall I say “spirited driving” and there’s absolutely nothing wrong about that.
I have absolutely babied mine 98% of my driving trying to get good gas mileage. I live South of Pittsburgh. Many hills. Most of the driving has been highway. I’m barely breaking 13 MPG.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will do. A buddy of mine I went to law school with specializes in this type of lawsuit. I plan on calling him on Monday. I will keep the thread updated.

Not a lawyer, but just glancing it, I think the thing that could trip you up is that the seller had to know that their advertised feature was untrue. So you would have to show that Ford always knew that they were not going to provide Blue Cruise on the Raptor.

That said, I would guess that if you've already bought your Raptor, and present a decent lawyer, Ford may prefer just to fully reimburse you and be done with it.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have absolutely babied mine 98% of my driving trying to get good gas mileage. I live South of Pittsburgh. Many hills. Most of the driving has been highway. I’m barely breaking 13 MPG.
You’re doing it all wrong. Lol I mean you gotta feather that mother@#$&*% until you get up to speed. Lmao Going uphill, your mpg will take a dip cause you’re increasing the engine load trying to get up that sucker. Not so much going down as you can take advantage of the downward momentum not having to press the pedal at all. Whenever your mpg starts to dip, just ease off the throttle…from 5% to say like 2%. Jk but you get the point! Now go give it shot!

ironpeddler

Reaction score
what if you ordered your raptor last year...will it have bluecruise? or any raptor built in 2022 no matter when it was ordered will not have bluecruise?