Looks like no BlueCruise for Raptor - 801a's READ!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’re doing it all wrong. Lol I mean you gotta feather that mother@#$&*% until you get up to speed. Lmao Going uphill, your mpg will take a dip cause you’re increasing the engine load trying to get up that sucker. Not so much going down as you can take advantage of the downward momentum not having to press the pedal at all. Whenever your mpg starts to dip, just ease off the throttle…from 5% to say like 2%. Jk but you get the point! Now go give it shot!
Just spoke to a good friend of mine who moved here from Texas several years ago. He confirmed there are NO real hills in Texas. He still can’t believe we live like goats in this part of the country. :33::33::33::33::33::33::33::33::33::33::33::33::pepper::pepper::pepper::33:

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what if you ordered your raptor last year...will it have bluecruise? or any raptor built in 2022 no matter when it was ordered will not have bluecruise?
Prior to the announcement, Raptors built with the 801 equipment group will have the hardware, but will not be able to use it. The software won't be pushed to those trucks.

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m fine with this honestly. Probably would have never used it and I if I’m not badly mistaken, Ford was going to charge a subscription fee after 3 years.
Definitely not a biggie with me either....

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s be real here.. it sucks that it is not going to happen, but how many of you would have paid for it if it was optional for $1,000, and how many of you were going to pay the renewal after three years?
And who drives on or under the speed limit in long, boring highways?
Not me… I am happy to take the cash from a feature I would probably never use.
+1

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good god man some of you need to relax and realize not every raptor driver is the same. I want the truck for the off road functionality and the options ford has advertised. It didn’t deter me from buying the truck but is disappointing it’s not available.
For one to assume people don’t like driving because they want an option, which is a pretty cool one, is ridiculous. Last I checked, we are all on this Raptor forum because we appreciate the trucks enough to buy one but some guys want to hate on people for using it differently than they do.
Furthermore, the more people and revenue this truck draws to ford, the more development dollars they will spend on it. Which would be a good thing for all of us current or future Raptor owners. No? So while the feature may seem trivial to you, it is bringing in people who will pay top dollar that
Not following your rant here, just pointing out the ridiculousness of texting and driving.

mr drummond

Reaction score
This really ****** me off. Blue Cruise was one of the reasons I purchased the Raptor in the first place. I do a lot of interstate driving to my deer lease and was planning to purchase a larger travel trailer and start taking family trips when Blue Cruise became active.

If I would have known Blue Cruise was a no-go on the Raptor, I would have purchased the Tremor or another model.

Ford cannot just sit back and give refunds and avoid liability. Someone who purchased the truck with the expectation of it being Blue Cruise capable is out a lot more than $795 equipment fee. We purchased a vehicle that is not what was advertised.

I live in Texas and this is a violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. It is basically a bait and switch sale.

The other good thing about Texas is that you can sue Ford and the jury can award triple damages.

Looks like I will be sending Ford a demand letter next week.
I'm in texas as well. You are going to have a hard time showing damage. Ford clearly didn't know blue cruise wasn't going to work with raptors when they sold the vehicle, they are giving a refund, and you can sell it for more than you paid today. You can sue anyone of course, but it will be hard showing real damages. But hey, if you have a friend that will do it for free, it could be fun.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This really ****** me off. Blue Cruise was one of the reasons I purchased the Raptor in the first place. I do a lot of interstate driving to my deer lease and was planning to purchase a larger travel trailer and start taking family trips when Blue Cruise became active.

If I would have known Blue Cruise was a no-go on the Raptor, I would have purchased the Tremor or another model.

Ford cannot just sit back and give refunds and avoid liability. Someone who purchased the truck with the expectation of it being Blue Cruise capable is out a lot more than $795 equipment fee. We purchased a vehicle that is not what was advertised.

I live in Texas and this is a violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. It is basically a bait and switch sale.
The other good thing about Texas is that you can sue Ford and the jury can award triple damages.

Looks like I will be sending Ford a demand letter next week.
Wondering if there is a difference for those that still haven't received their trucks (Ford is requiring customers to sign paperwork about the BlueCruise not being available) vs those that have paid and received their trucks. We were told nothing.

osprey6

Reaction score
I should be getting my truck tomorrow or Sat...they have yet to mention anything about Blue Cruise...trying to figure out if i should say something...Hate to keep delaying this process....

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm in texas as well. You are going to have a hard time showing damage. Ford clearly didn't know blue cruise wasn't going to work with raptors when they sold the vehicle, they are giving a refund, and you can sell it for more than you paid today. You can sue anyone of course, but it will be hard showing real damages. But hey, if you have a friend that will do it for free, it could be fun.
Yea agreed, they didn't really advertise the BC for the Raptor anyways it's just the "prep kit" was going to be installed on 801a's and they've even mentioned the software wasn't readily available yet. Now they are issuing refunds. Doesn't sound like much of a leg to stand on

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I should be getting my truck tomorrow or Sat...they have yet to mention anything about Blue Cruise...trying to figure out if i should say something...Hate to keep delaying this process....
The time to say it is when you get to the dealer and get tough with them when they try to fu ck you over, hopefully none of that happens and it will be a delightful experience buying a new vehicle.