GEN 2 looking to upgrade rear tail light output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
aside from adding more lights or changing lenses, CHMSL, etc

I'd like to optimize the light output from the rear taillights, are there options? are they already LED? or is it a closed system?

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re already LED, and pretty bright tbh. You could always put some S2s in the back with a red lens cover and tap into your brake wire, that’d be pretty damn bright

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
What are you trying to make brighter? Running lights? Brake light or back up lights? Need a bit more information...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
There’s a kit to replace the center brake light with 3x BD S2’s I think. is it GJ ? There’s also the putco blade that runs along the bottom of the tailgate.

Seriously though, did you get rear ended; what problem are you trying to address? They’re pretty obvious.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
All the lights in the taillights - I think 3 - correct?

Honestly, I am struggling with why you need brighter tail lights. They are LED and brighter than the headlights. There is also the blind spot sensor in them. They are not the cheap tail lights from the 90s or earlier.

If you want more light when you back up or for loading into the bed/hook up a trailer at night, that's different. Most run either Rigid or BD S2 for reverse. And BD S2 in a GJ 3rd brake light. You can even run some S2 on top of the bed near the back window.

If you want more brake lights or to look like a 18 wheeler then JC Whitney that thing up.