Looking to straight trade Gen2 for newer Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After driving a Gen2 for a month I noticed the following;

1) it's too fast, much faster than my 2011 Gen1. It is so fast it's sometimes shocking. Also twin turbos are not necessary.

2) it's too damn light and nimble. I find the responsive steering almost sports car like, and my old truck drove like an Oldsmobile on the road.

3) the technology is just too new. Cooled seats, trailer backup system, garage door opener, adaptive cruise control, sync3 with loud audio, lane warning system, 6 aux switches... I mean who needs 6 switches? 4 is enough for me.

4) too damn comfortable. The seats are incredible, cooled and heated, they're just too relaxing. I also find the flat floor in the back confusing, I'd rather have a random subwoofer under the seat. Power tailgate? Lighted box? Who needs it.

5) gas mileage is too good... It's confusing, I am used to filling up much more often so I end up going to the gas station just to hang out. I'd rather go there to fill up.

6) too many looks. I mean who am I Justin Beiber? The truck attracts too much attention it's just too nice looking. I prefer the old school spaceship style with the cheap plastic grill that goes up with the hood. You know?

7) tires too big, shocks too thick. I was happy with smaller tires, I don't need 35s, and I certain don't need the extra awesome shocks.

8) frame won't bend.. just not enough flex in the frame. I'd rather have a frame that "bends" when you hit a big bump, at least the engine won't absorb the shock am I right fellas? The frame in the 2017 is far too strong.

So yeah. The truck is simply too awesome. I'd be willing to straight trade for a newer Gen1.

Just kidding.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

impactbumper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The moment i discovered how much faster than my 2014 i decided this truck is no longer for me. The 6.2 was just enough, heck I was happy when i got it back in the day because my eb fx2 was faster and i was concerned about my well being, let alone this high output 3.5 and lower weight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HGguy

Reaction score

1) it's too fast, much faster than my 2011 Gen1. It is so fast it's sometimes shocking. Also twin turbos are not necessary.

2) it's too damn light and nimble. I find the responsive steering almost sports car like, and my old truck drove like an Oldsmobile on the road.

3) the technology is just too new. Cooled seats, trailer backup system, garage door opener, adaptive cruise control, sync3 with loud audio, lane warning system, 6 aux switches... I mean who needs 6 switches? 4 is enough for me.

4) too damn comfortable. The seats are incredible, cooled and heated, they're just too relaxing. I also find the flat floor in the back confusing, I'd rather have a random subwoofer under the seat. Power tailgate? Lighted box? Who needs it.

5) gas mileage is too good... It's confusing, I am used to filling up much more often so I end up going to the gas station just to hang out. I'd rather go there to fill up.

6) too many looks. I mean who am I Justin Beiber? The truck attracts too much attention it's just too nice looking. I prefer the old school spaceship style with the cheap plastic grill that goes up with the hood. You know?

7) tires too big, shocks too thick. I was happy with smaller tires, I don't need 35s, and I certain don't need the extra awesome shocks.

8) frame won't bend.. just not enough flex in the frame. I'd rather have a frame that "bends" when you hit a big bump, at least the engine won't absorb the shock am I right fellas? The frame in the 2017 is far too strong.

So yeah. The truck is simply too awesome. I'd be willing to straight trade for a newer Gen1.

Just kidding.

Geeze! I'm still laughing and I'm at work!

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The moment I discovered I still have $80,000 in my bank account and still drive a BadASS Raptor . I'm fine till the Next Lightning comes out.

Please enlighten me as to when this unicorn is going to reappear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

- Nevermind that they've down-rated the amperages on those 6 switches

- Tell me more about how your grille isn't plastic and doesn't go up to the hood?

- Come on man. Both trucks came stock with 315/70R17's on them. You're kidding me right? You got KO2s not KOs that's the only difference

- AHAHAHA Get the **** out of here. Nobody has gone hard enough in a J2 to even justify this. Also, lets think about this. The 'weakness' in the G1 frame was there because if you hit a massive bump that exceeds the up-travel in your suspension that force has to go somewhere when your axle picks a fight with your frame.

So ford decided that it was better to let the frame yield in that situation vs letting the axle bend/break and strand you in the desert. Makes sense right? Do you think they've changed that thinking with the new one? I highly doubt it. The doggie chew toy bumpstop just isn't enough to actually slow your axle down before it slams the frame. This is why Hydraulic bump stops and frame reinforcements are such a great mod.

Just kidding.

A few points for you, I know this was all propaganda, but come on man, lets gets some facts straight. Feel free to call me a Jenny hater. I just noticed some inaccuracies in your propaganda flyer.