Looking to spend some $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gub

Reaction score
I have been looking at stage 3 motorsports phase 4 performance kit...which includes S&B CAI, 80mm throttle body, kooks headers and Xpipe dual exhaust, and choice between 2 diff tuners.

Now, this will run me about 5k...am I better off just saving an extra couple thousand and buying a whipple or rousch stage 2 supercharger?

I have a 2011 with 63k miles on it. Pretty much all stock. Bought from local ford dealer last December and have put 3k mi on it so far.

Any help is appreciated and thank you.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your in the wrong section, this for the 5.4L Raptors.
It's OK but you would get more response if you were in the right section.

Don't bother with the BBK 80 mm TB, it doesn't do anything.
Drop in K & N filter gives you the same performance as an expensive aftermarket CAI

But it's your money and plenty of people do it anyway.

Last edited:

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with @MTF. You’re not going to feel any seat of the pant performance with what you’ve listed. Coming from someone whose been there done it and seat of the pants feel is what you’re wanting, then just spend the money up front and get an SC.

if you want to stay with your list, then I would drop the TB and get a pedal commander. Really like mine and it’s even more of a hoot with an SC.

Reaction score
I put a complete Stainless Works headers and exhaust system, Granatelli plug wires, new coils , new plugs, made quite a improvement in performance and MPG. It took me quite a while to install the exhaust system, but I am 70 years old, so I am not in a hurry. Email me at [email protected] for more info, Scott