Looking to join the crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reloaded1

Reaction score
I’ll be in the market for a 2014 raptor roush towards the end of this year. My question is given the transmission problems, Should I go ahead and get a high mileage vehicle and replace the trans or try to find a low mileage and take care of it until it calls for replacement?

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh god.....fto....don't explode lol...some people generalize and use infinite words and don't really mean it lol.

I have a 2014..the only transmission issue wasn't an issue it was a recall for programming to keep the truck from possibly going from 6th to 1st gear...had that done..called 5 star tune...gave them the information they asked for..they did what they do..I tuned my truck again..and have 0 issues with mine....138k miles btw.

OP
OP
R

Reloaded1

Reaction score
See when the shocks were serviced last.....fuel pump fuse relocation done....service records ...clean carfax....rust on cab corners if it has the sunroof especially....
Ok thanks for the input. I did hear about the leaking sunroof. Would it be worth taking the risk and repairing later or should I avoid the sunroof altogether? Honestly want to get a fully loaded Roush, If I can locate one in general.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the input. I did hear about the leaking sunroof. Would it be worth taking the risk and repairing later or should I avoid the sunroof altogether? Honestly want to get a fully loaded Roush, If I can locate one in general.
I have a sunroof.....0 issues either. A lot is going to depend on the previous owner and how they treated the truck. When I bought mine I did basic maintenance and the shocks . Sunroof I cleaned the guide rails and lubricated them. My truck was a one owner and an old man who never did anything with the truck.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2014 Roush 170k The previous owner took Pretty good care of it service wise. I wouldn't be afraid... all you may have to do is fix it. If you are capable of doing your own repair. go for it.

Last edited: