looking to improve subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I got it in and installed in my Scab. It does indeed mount behind the drivers seat. It includes everything you need to install as well as move the jack mounting hardware to the passenger side.

It took about an hour to install including removal of the old sub. I haven't remounted the jack yet. Not sure if I'm going to bother. I haven't really had a chance to listen to it because my sunroof broke and is now stuck in the up position leaving the truck stuck in the garage until I figure out wtf to do. ugh.

I just had my sunroof track replaced under the ESP. It's going in tomorrow for the second blend door, and the second rear window. GL with the sunroof.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
It's a 2010.

I was told that it wouldn't work on the 2010. I figured it was because our connector is different than the 2011+. Im assuming you have the Sony sub with the amp attached? I am interested in hearing how you like it compared to the factory powered sub.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had my sunroof track replaced under the ESP. It's going in tomorrow for the second blend door, and the second rear window. GL with the sunroof.

I've got an appt: tomorrow. Going to have to air the tires down to get it out of the garage now. If it's not covered under warranty I'll be using one of those dr sunroof kits.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I was told that it wouldn't work on the 2010. I figured it was because our connector is different than the 2011+. Im assuming you have the Sony sub with the amp attached? I am interested in hearing how you like it compared to the factory powered sub.

09 thru 14 F150 Genuine Ford Kicker 200 Watt 10" Subwoofer Kit Extended Cab | eBay is what I ordered. I had the sony sub with attached amp. I pulled that out to install this. I've probably listened to it for 30 seconds so far just to make sure everything was working correctly. So far it's not a night and day difference, but it definitely has more presence. I might pull it out and polyfill it. I'll report back once I've had some time to actually listen and play with it.

Cobra2Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good, honest info. To tell you the truth I wasn't all that disappointed in the stock system although I listen to a lot of hard rock/metal and get distortion when I'm cranking up the Five Finger Death Punch. Is that reaching the limits of the speakers or the amp?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Same situation for me, also FFDP is always playing at some point in my daily commute.

/Sub

Raptor Rob

Reaction score
Intalled my Sub upgrade a couple of Days ago. Great Cheap Upgrade. I know that Most of the single sub's are pretty much gone, but Beau at Rogel Ford has the complete upgrade for the 2009 - 2014 F150 for $375.

The kit includes the Kicker sub with built in Amp. Another Amp and 4 kicker door speakers. The sub and amp are the same exact one that is sold as a stand alone. You could probably sell the door speakers and extra amp, recoup Your costs and keep the Sub upgrade.

Rogel Ford (601) 892-3673 ask for Beau.

Hope this helps someone that missed out on the Sub upgrade!

Rob

goody6691

Reaction score
I just installed the entire system upgrade in my 2010 scab. Beau was super helpful and I have the system to my door in 3 days. install took me around 5 hrs. super pleased with the upgrade. the only issue is that he only had screw kits so the sub doesn't quite fit under the seat in my scab. I will now look at different mounting options. def a worthwhile upgrade esp at the price.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I ordered the correct sub for my scab. I will now have a screw kicker sub and wire harness for sale. if any one is interested please pm me
I just installed this over the weekend.
WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE. BIG IMPROVEMENT OVER the Stock Sony Sub.
Sounds soooooo much better!!!!!!!!!
[emoji1] [emoji33] [emoji123]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk