Looking to get new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you hit the dirt a lot and or mud a lot they look pretty solid.

Anyone run those goodyear Territory MT’s? They are 270 right now load C. Ive listened to broncos drive by with 35’s in that tire and they were very quiet for a “mud tire”

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The problem with the BFG’s comes when the temperature is cold- 30-40 degrees and wet. That’s most of the rainy season around here. Traction is the real problem. Passing at highway speed will easily send the tires spinning, a sloped road with a slight press of the right foot will have you sideways.

How is this not a problem of other AT tires? Every tire needs a certain temperature to operate efficiently and yeah that is a tough use case but the grass isn’t going to be greener by going to a M/T for sure. Another A/T?

I don’t know that there’s a good size option that would handle cold, wet conditions better. And then there’s too cold. I’ve had a couple experiences on other vehicles operating in below freezing temps. I had my Mustang out one time on single digit temps IIRC it was 2 or 3 F. I couldn’t get a clean start without spinning to save my life and it was bone dry.

I will say that past about 35k, I did notice the KO2’s had less available ‘stick’ - wet or dry. I still had tread left but it was becoming more challenging to take the same turns in the wet without some spinning. Nothing 4a couldn’t handle but it became noticeable.

Grizzly

Reaction score
Good luck finding them in stock. The E rated ones are everywhere but not the C. Last spring I tried to buy these and they didn’t exist. I bought the BFGs again instead. 25k miles later and I need tires again. C rated X3s are not in stock that I can find.

I can’t believe nobody has made a more aggressive C rated tire for Raptors. Lots of E rated 20s though. Drives me nuts. I’ll stop there before I start ranting about mall crawlers.

As far as I can tell it’s factory BFGs or Toyo RTs for a C rated tire for us. The BFGs have been good to me but get dicey in real mud. I don’t drive much in snow/ice but I have barely escaped mud a few times with the BFGs. Understandable because other than the short life they are a really good do most of it type tire. I’ll probably buy another set and just keep my fingers crossed when it gets soupy.