Looking to get new tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had General Grabbers ATX2. Couldn’t keep them balanced no matter what I did. I recently switched back to KO2’s. However, when I want to go have fun, I throw on KM3’s. Lots of people run separate summer and winter tires. I run mild and wild sets. A day or two out in the Utah desert can easily take 10k miles out of your tires….haha Excuse the messy garage please I’ve been busy playing 1E50C87C-DE17-4892-9063-2F643169AF1F.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve definitely only experienced spinning coming out of a dead stop. Everything else in the wet is fine. I’m on my second set. I wouldn’t expect another all-terrain tire to be any better.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m no BFG fanboy by any means, but don’t get all this BFG wet performance negativity. Are people complaining about spinning a right rear pulling out of a parking lot? I have to drive an hour from my house to find a straight flat road. Live on a lake in the hill country. Once I get an hour out, now I’m in the land of Texas 75-85mph speed limits (I’m an almost 10 over type). Never once hydroplaned or felt like I was going to. Also putting on Alcons because I’m HEAVY on the left pedal. So have no point to prove, nor discussion to win, but am somewhat baffled.
Mine are below half tread and heve never felt like they were going to hydroplane.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem is , once you start
stacking up the specs:

Lower/medium weight
Load Range C
Quiet
Good off road
Decent on road

Theres really only 2-3 tires that are even load C in a 315 ir “35”

Ko2
Falken
I think a Nitto?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are below half tread and heve never felt like they were going to hydroplane.
I replaced mine at like 6/32 or so and they were squirmy at lower speeds but never hydroplaned. It was more of a feel and confidence thing than anything performance related.

Flatfuse

Reaction score
Living in the PNW, I drive 90+ days a year on wet roads and I’ve driven the Raptor since 17. The problem with the BFG’s comes when the temperature is cold- 30-40 degrees and wet. That’s most of the rainy season around here. Traction is the real problem. Passing at highway speed will easily send the tires spinning, a sloped road with a slight press of the right foot will have you sideways. It’s easily fixed with 4A but none of the other tires I’ve had on the raptor were as bad as the BFG’s. If you don’t live or have to deal with these conditions, the BFG’s are probably great.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We don't spend much time here in the 30's much less below. Maybe that is it.
I dunno? I deal with 30* or below temps about 6 months per year and they've been fine for me in rain and snow. I sold the stock KO2s and wheels from my 2017 with 18K miles and currently have 32K miles on the KO2s on my 2020.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score