Looking to buy used Raptor

Buy?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickbozilov

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for input on purchasing this Raptor: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/d/vancouver-2010-ford-150-svt-raptor-62l/6883650610.html

Anything I should be intently looking at? I know the low mileage for the price seems fishy but am a Toyota Tacoma guy looking for a little more room (read POWER). I like the fact that the shocks are rebuild-able and the Fox's are great for off-road use.

In the end, what kind of things at first glance should deter me from buying this truck.
TIA!

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it says local owner I would ask to speak to the owner about the truck history. You might get lucky and find out how much they paid him for the truck.

dirtaddicted

Reaction score
I cannot emphasize how important it is to get the service history. It saves you $$$ by:

Preventing un-need maintenance
Most shops warranty their work and parts!

If you are going to drop serious $$$ on any used car get it inspected. Make sure your inspector has one of the very expensive ODB scan tools. It tells them running history on problems or issues that cannot be cleared with the cheap readers. It also gives you a bargaining chip + can warn you if you are dealing with a dishonest seller.

Good luck. Im an ex-Toyota guy too. Take care of this truck and it will take care of you.

oh yeah....Be prepared to spend a lot of money on gas!