GEN 2 Looking to buy toy hauler...info needed/wanted!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ski4Ever

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the spreadsheet, I notice there are at least a couple trailers with the same specs (and layout) but just with a different name. For example, the FR Salem FSX 260RT and the FR Wildwood FSX 260RT, as well as the FR Work and Play 19WCB and the Coachmen (a division of FR) Adrenaline 19CB. Why is that? Are manufacturers just trying to confuse us, or is it that certain models are only released in certain areas, etc? Either way, none of it makes sense to me, and only seems to make it more difficult to find models for sale! Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The confusion is intentional I'm sure.
Just like mattress shopping. Hard to compare.
Checkout seedealerprice.com for actual invoice and MSRP pricing
Some RVs have required packages. Make sure you enable those options for accurate pricing.
RV dealers love to play the game of inflating MSRP by 10k then giving you an 11k "discount"

Reaction score
Yea, it started off small and then completely blew up. I didn't know there were so many options as well as the whole RV thing is alien to me. https://xkcd.com/1801/

I love the Attitude models and the Pacific Coachworks look nice too, but I am in the midwest and can't find any stock near me :(

Reaction score
Looking at the spreadsheet, I notice there are at least a couple trailers with the same specs (and layout) but just with a different name. For example, the FR Salem FSX 260RT and the FR Wildwood FSX 260RT, as well as the FR Work and Play 19WCB and the Coachmen (a division of FR) Adrenaline 19CB. Why is that? Are manufacturers just trying to confuse us, or is it that certain models are only released in certain areas, etc? Either way, none of it makes sense to me, and only seems to make it more difficult to find models for sale! Or am I missing something?

Yea, there are duplicates. In the case of the Salem and Wildwood it is a difference between silver and brown respectively. The silver Salem gains a point on my arbitrary scaling system there.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome spreadsheet. Any reason you have not looked into ATC trailers. They are all aluminum and lighter than most options you have up there. Expensive but nice. Its the drawback to the raptor. You have to buy an expensive light trailer to stay in the recommended 8k tow rating. Just some info to help muddy the waters on which trailer should i get :)

Reaction score
Yea, it is a lot to think about. I personally feel (based off of no experience) that the tongue weight is more critical than the overall trailer weight and for a toy hauler is usually the first limiter. The truck should have the powertrain and braking to pull the same or at least close to a regular F-150. It is just the suspension that limits it. It appears that toy haulers are fairly front heavy while empty and dry to offset being loaded down in the back. I am leaving the 800 pound tongue weight at a hard stop and have not included some models that exceed even though they are otherwise perfect. 800 pounds + 400 pounds of people hits the 1200 pound payload capacity. I think I took a look at the ATC models and didn't originally include them because they didn't have a front bed. I added a couple ATC models to the spreadsheet that Fall under the 800 pound tongue weight.

Who knows, maybe I go with just a normal travel trailer as that is pretty easy to find a travel trailer in the size I want that the Raptor can tow.

Tim Tullio

Reaction score
Just bought me some Sumo's for the back of my '17. We'll see. I did just do a nice long tow from Ohio to St. Louis and I have to say, the Raptor tows better than my Dodge 2500 Diesel LB, 4x. Just had a lot more power on tap going up the hills. Coming back loaded it was squating in the back but still got 15.2 MPG at 70 the whole way. Bye bye Dodge.