Looking to buy 2019 soon Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Ordoins

Reaction score
In the next 3 months looking to make the dream happen and get that new Raptor. Excited.
Need advice on the price I should be paying. I’m in Norrhern Ca and stopped by a dealer. They seem to be asking 10-20K or more over MSRP. Is this normal and what should I be paying. I want to get a good deal and not be *****.
Any options o should explore? Out of state or area purchase?

Any advice on making my purchase let me know.

Also looking to add a few upgrades.
Air intake and inner cooler. Whipple
Tunner
Cat back
35” tires
2-3” leveling kit
On Board ARB air.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the next 3 months looking to make the dream happen and get that new Raptor. Excited.
Need advice on the price I should be paying. I’m in Norrhern Ca and stopped by a dealer. They seem to be asking 10-20K or more over MSRP. Is this normal and what should I be paying. I want to get a good deal and not be *****.

Any advice on making my purchase let me know.

Also looking to add a few upgrades.
Air intake and inner cooler. Whipple
Tunner
Cat back
35” tires
2-3” leveling kit
On Board ARB air.

You should be paying $4k - $5k under MSRP.
Also, forget the aftermarket parts and get a warranty if you intend to keep past 36k miles. The cam phaser issue is still a problem as reports are coming in of 19s failing.
Why not buy the 5.2sc instead? It will be available... Nice trx competition.

Raptor in MS

Reaction score
You should be paying $4k - $5k under MSRP.
Also, forget the aftermarket parts and get a warranty if you intend to keep past 36k miles. The cam phaser issue is still a problem as reports are coming in of 19s failing.
Why not buy the 5.2sc instead? It will be available... Nice trx competition.
Come to Mississippi, 2019 are 5k below msrp. 2018s 8000 to 9000. These have 802a packages.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on the other side of the country, but it seems like Raptors around here go for MSRP or slightly below. I have heard a few times that CA dealers are still marking them up. So it's probably not uncommon. Call around and try out of state if you have to.

Plenty of modded Raptors running around without issues. Don't forget that the internet makes mountains out of mole hills. I've owned a lot of vehicles in the past 20 years and you'd swear that every car out there is a POS according to a few voices online.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
When will it be available. That would be sweet!
You’re being trolled by the user formerly known as sasquatch77. search her post history for the new engine option coming in 2017, trying to convince people to drill the intercooler, and convince new users to not buy the Raptor because a better one was coming. 4 years on, she’s still pulling the same b***$hit, only several FRF user id’s later.

A new engine may happen, it may not. it may be another ecoboost since Ford is cutting v8 production. Nobody has any facts to support this.

They seem to be asking 10-20K or more over MSRP. Is this normal and what should I be paying. I want to get a good deal and not be *****.

Get out of the CA market. There’s a dealer in Nevada - I think Vegas - who frequently sells at “market” - which right now is a few bills under MSRP. Keep your travel in mind if you buy out of state. Left coast seems to be a tougher market than most, but dealers seem to be stuck in the days before the universal repository of information we all use now.

If you make an order, you can have the truck delivered locally and covered by the destination fee. Or you can also have it shipped. Lots of options. You can try to convince a local dealer to stop smoking crack and sell one of their raptors to you for the actual market price, which is under MSRP - the same way they can ask you to pay over. Won’t hurt, but my experience is the dealers with stupid, crack smoking level ADM (over MSRP) aren’t going to come off of it even if the truck sits there for years.

OP
OP
D

Dan Ordoins

Reaction score
You’re being trolled by the user formerly known as sasquatch77. search her post history for the new engine option coming in 2017, trying to convince people to drill the intercooler, and convince new users to not buy the Raptor because a better one was coming. 4 years on, she’s still pulling the same b***$hit, only several FRF user id’s later.

A new engine may happen, it may not. it may be another ecoboost since Ford is cutting v8 production. Nobody has any facts to support this.

Get out of the CA market. There’s a dealer in Nevada - I think Vegas - who frequently sells at “market” - which right now is a few bills under MSRP. Keep your travel in mind if you buy out of state. Left coast seems to be a tougher market than most, but dealers seem to be stuck in the days before the universal repository of information we all use now.

If you make an order, you can have the truck delivered locally and covered by the destination fee. Or you can also have it shipped. Lots of options. You can try to convince a local dealer to stop smoking crack and sell one of their raptors to you for the actual market price, which is under MSRP - the same way they can ask you to pay over. Won’t hurt, but my experience is the dealers with stupid, crack smoking level ADM (over MSRP) aren’t going to come off of it even if the truck sits there for years.
Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions and insights!