Looking for stock muffler assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a take-off Muffler assembly they're willing to sell? I switched mine out last year for a magna flow or one of those.

It sounds good and all that, but to me, it's STILL a rappy sounding six cylinder and I just can't stand the sound. I've listened to and driven many variations of different exhaust set-ups and I can't get past that ****** sound. I'm coming from a Silverado with Borla, a Z06 Vette with Borla (obviously, no comparison) and I just can't get past the six cylinder sound. To my ears, it's just not possible to make 6 sound like 8 no matter WHAT you do or how much money you throw at it.

No need for recommendations on any exhaust, it does not matter. I LOVE the truck and would not give it up, so I simply want to go back to stock. At least then it's somewhat minimized with ZERO drone.

Just went to raptor assault in Utah and all the trucks were stock... it was so nice to drive a quite, yet powerful and beastly truck! :) PLUS, I'm old and I'm tired of hearing it! LOL! If I want to hear it, I drive the Z06!

Anyway... all that said, I'm just looking for an OEM muffler assembly and that's why. Sorry so Long winded, I figured I would minimize the banter around it all up front.

Thanks all!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MattRobPhoto

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grammar aside...

I agree on the exhaust. After 2.5 years of aftermarket exhausts I’ve worn out as well. I’m going back to stock currently — With downpipes of course.

OP
OP
MattRobPhoto

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
Grammar aside...

I agree on the exhaust. After 2.5 years of aftermarket exhausts I’ve worn out as well. I’m going back to stock currently — With downpipes of course.
Grammar aside...

Why the downpipes? Just curious... and check out that thread I posted regarding the LimitedThanks for the reply! :)

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The limited exhaust probably sounds nice, albeit quiet.

I am running kooks downpipes because I have a major big turbo build going on with new manifolds, intake tubes, etc. so I wanted the high flow cats. :). Otherwise I’d be running stock downpipes

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Before you give up, go on YouTube and look up top 5 v6 mustang exhausts. There are some that don’t sound that bad at all.

OP
OP
MattRobPhoto

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
Ok, I have an update on this muffler issue.

1. Parts Department people are very ignorant to what parts come on what vehicle. They are simply data base researchers and tell you what "they" find. This has proved VERY frustrating in my endeavor to obtain this muffler.

2. An experienced sales guy DOES know and FULLY understand that the 2019 Limited has the SAME ENGINE as the Raptor.

3. I have been unable to get a part number.

My plan: Go to a dealership, go find one of those Limited trucks, take the vin number and then go to parts or wherever I choose. The problem I foresee is that they don't/won't sell the "rear muffler" by itself. It seems that it comes with the rear dual exhaust pipes. This is very strange.

Any insight or help here?

Thanks!

OP
OP
MattRobPhoto

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
More updates! Ok.... I now have the part number! The "A" is the Limited if it has a "B" it's the Raptor. Limited is more quiet. Looks like it's going for around $600.00 It's the "Rear muffler and Pipe assembly" The Pipes are just the two in and two out, it's NOT the whole two exhaust pipes to the rear of the vehicle.

Tomorrow I will find a parts department that has this in stock and I'll see what I can get for price. More to come!

KL3Z-5230-A