Looking for Raptor R - Will pay $150k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jww2124

Reaction score
Seems like most original buyers have given up on even checking the tracker. I’d be curious to know how many they have shipped vs how many are still sitting at offsite. The amount of 11/29-2/20 R’s sitting there has to be unbelievable. Seems like no one has taken delivery in the last 2 months either? I wonder if FP is still giving people 2 weeks estimation hopes :)

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it just me, or has the much vaunted Raptor R had an absolute shît show roll out?

Willing to pay 150k LOL. At this rate I wouldn’t pay used Ecoboost money for one. Damn.
The only reason that gen 3 isn't a similar shitshow is that it's a modest upgrade to gen 2. Swap in a new motor and a bunch of new software? Shitshow. I won't buy any newly designed vehicle during it's first two years of production. Period. It's not worth the hassle.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It’s not just you… I’m ready to get back into a Gen1 SCAB.
#ThisIsWhyYouShouldNEVERPayADM

The only reason that gen 3 isn't a similar shitshow is that it's a modest upgrade to gen 2. Swap in a new motor and a bunch of new software? Shitshow. I won't buy any newly designed vehicle during it's first two years of production. Period. It's not worth the hassle.

I have a different opinion, but I’ll share your thoughts on first MY revisions with Lucille, but for the accursed moonroof, has been pretty awesome.

I don’t think this issue is so much the new power plant, new software, it’s the shocking lack of QA on the best selling vehicle in the galaxy. The power plant is not new, GT500 has been rocking it for years. Transmission is also now proven, just shoehorned into a different application. The problems here are embarrassing and not just that, the resale price and reputation are taking a hit as a result.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Seems like most original buyers have given up on even checking the tracker. I’d be curious to know how many they have shipped vs how many are still sitting at offsite. The amount of 11/29-2/20 R’s sitting there has to be unbelievable. Seems like no one has taken delivery in the last 2 months either? I wonder if FP is still giving people 2 weeks estimation hopes :)
Hopefully they are sending those with orders some trinkets while they wait…
Every so often they would send my son in law a keychain, stickers etc.
while he patiently waited 2MFING Years to get his Bronco.
$120k + ADM, they should be sending some Beaver Shots..

2E70E13C-0A71-4C52-AAFA-5B2DD1939F85.jpeg4F008E1C-5C07-4CEE-8298-46CE552F43C8.jpeg1B067AFE-A9D6-4AA1-817C-A07346CC74A3.jpeg

Jww2124

Reaction score
while the wait for a Bronco Raptor is brutal you would think it was made by a diff company. The people at the Bronco plant are on it. They not only built it the week they said it got shipped out the next day. They are a lot better when it comes to updating their tracker and shipping.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That’s because Ford actually cares about the Bronco Raptor. Look at how many accessories and goodies you can get for the Bronc.

Now, compare to the ... 15 or so F/P parts for the F150 Raptor. Which one is going to be around for more than 3 years?

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been following the R's quite closely in arizona and up to a 500 mile radius. So far in Arizona between 21 dealers only about 8 R's have been delivered probably a good dozen or so in California within that mile reach.
It's been a couple months or about since oil leak surfaced there have been ZERO R's showing.

I check weekly. I just looked again for same 500 mi radius and Zero R's showing but on same term
there are currently 74 Raptors with many just arrived with just 5 dealers.
Dealer 1) 14 on hand, 2) 13 on hand 3) 10 on hand 4) 9 on hand with a very small dealer that has 5 currently shown.

So without question the line of chip hold is total false and is a internal issue with the R only
Ford screwed up big time on delivering the R's although I know they are blocking or have blocked R's from showing at times. Right now zero showing within 1000 miles of here.

Regular Raptors Of the larger dealers say top 5 the crookedest dealers have the most on lot. The best dealer who is in top 3 has ZERO Raptors on lot. The high markup places will be hurting when things crash the market sizzles. Sure hope they get stuck with enough trucks to hurt the bottom $$

I have heard there would be Consequences for those dealers gouging everyone who comes in. Be interesting if ford is already up to something. Usually lots of talk no action.

Oil Leaks, Superchargers and wonder what else but I think F-P is doing there best to get this resolved.
Sure hope so as 9 months tomorrow for many orders including mine

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes this is due to an issue that they’re having with the SC. Mine is one of a few that are having this problem. My R has been at my local Ford Dealership going on 4 weeks now.

The dealership has been going back and forth with Ford Performance through their hotline to try to resolve the issue however they haven’t been able to as of yet. I’m told that FP is trying to put together a team to go out to these dealers to help diagnose the issue’s.

I told my dealer and ford rep that was assigned to my file that I want a NEW SC, and that I will not accept a rebuild seeing that the truck has less than 1000 miles on it… We’ll see what they come back with this coming week.
F-P has figured out if they re-tune the 5.2 to 349 hp the SC issue no longer shows up! When the new final tune is done they will add onto your warranty the amount of days it took to get truck after it was built.

1966 F100 Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated Steering Wheel Too?
My 1966 F100 I added the heated steering wheel option at zero extra cost. No need for computer chips or any of that other nonsense. I got it to work off the fly by wire throttle device all activated by % of throttle input. Not that difficult no clue why Ford is having such a issue. Every time my phone rings I think it's F-P calling to see how I did it.

F-P if you are seeing this just get my R built the week of May 15th and I will give you the heated steering wheel formula.

Last edited: