Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Looking for Raptor Club in Chicagoland

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Thomas_JohnDoe, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Thomas_JohnDoe

Thomas_JohnDoe Full Access Member

There are a few Raptors in my neighborhood (north side I don't fucx with south side :supergay:) plus I've seen quite a few in suburbs.

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Mad Frog Mattis

@t_j

Also check out Midwest Dirt Mafia on Facebook.

13raptorcrew likes this.
  3. Thomas_JohnDoe

Cool, Thanks

4. NE Ford

NE Ford Full Access Member

5. t_j

t_j FRF Addict

What @Jimbo said, we are working on a new website and looking at next years trips at the moment.

6. Thomas_JohnDoe

I'm definitely in.... I just have to talk the wifey into it. she's really against offroading. I've been telling her "thats why we got jeep and raptor" Any of you fellas have the same problem?

7. Chris's FX4

Chris's FX4 FRF Addict

@Jimbo had his balls taken by his wife and was forced to sell his Raptor and got a X5 instead.

Oh, and welcome.

8. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

Lot of folks bring their wife's, great community so she will have someone to talk to. My wife is not against it (she has been on 3 raptor runs with me) she says, you get in a truck to go on a dirt road and get bounced around, what's the point. She doesn't get it and decided that she rather stay home. But she said yea to the TRR Baja trip, so I entered.

Thomas_JohnDoe likes this.
  9. Snoopaloop

Snoopaloop Full Access Member

Honestly, if you drive within your limits and don't get too cocky on the trails then you will be fine. I was in a similar situation but I got the go ahead when I came back from silver lake in one piece.

Everyone has to start somewhere. The Midwest dirt mafia is a great group of guys and they all understand that it's not cool to make someone uncomfortable by pushing them past their limits. @BigBlue even told me " you will get to the point where you can drive fast and do what the more experienced drivers can do, but you need to build up your skill before that happens." And everyone made sure that I didn't push my limits that trip.

Plus, I'm pretty sure you have a more capable truck than I do lol

Big Blue and 13raptorcrew like this.
  10. t_j

t_j FRF Addict

Our runs are fairly self structuring, except for that one guy who keeps driving into stuff and that other guy that kept getting stuck on the last trip. We've had a bunch of new guys and none raptors on our trips and they all managed just fine. As @Snoopaloop keep to your own pace, if the guy in front is going way faster than you're comfortable with and the guy behind you is on your ass the whole time, let them past (unless it's the chase truck then your stuck with them) and stick to your pace. We will stop and let everyone catch up periodically as the group get too spread out.

Micha likes this.