Looking for opinion about bumper install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Honey Badger rear bumper and I have to cut off a bracket on the trailer hitch to install it. My question is, can I not reinstall the trailer hitch? I don't use it. Can anyone think of a negative of not installing it other than I may need to tow something some day?

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you don't use it then no harm no foul. I personally do think tying the to ends of the Frame together helps. But if it is a street queen then I am sure it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
probably best to just give ADD a call. Im not a fan of cutting anything myself - went for bolt on bumpers for that reason, but i am a sucker for a nice dovetail.

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I had to use the trailer hitch because of the way the HB bumper mounts. However 2 of the 4 sensor bezels don't fit the bumper. I have emailed to see what ADD recommends I do to make this work. Kind of a bummer since I've already hacked up my trailer hitch. I'm probably screwed since it was a Store Display for Offroad Alliance and they painted the trim pieces orange.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not call Offroad Alliance and ask them since they sold it to you?

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not call Offroad Alliance and ask them since they sold it to you?
Because ADD manufactured the bumper? The way the holes are cut in the bumper don't line up with the alignment tabs on the bezels.

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I got the bumper installed. Now I need to find someone who has the honey badger front bumper that can tell me how much further the HB bumper sticks out than the stock bumper. TIA