6.2 Looking for new side exit Black tip Exhaust kit with NO DRONE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericdmiller

Reaction score
New to the forum, looking for a new exhaust kit for my 2014 Crew Cab. I've done a lot of research and narrowed it down to 2 options. Looking for any input on these two or if someone recommends a different kit to add some growl without pissing off all the neighbors.

Any input on these two kits? Not sure how loud the AFE kit is...

https://www.cjponyparts.com/magnafl...ps-black-6-2l-f-150-raptor-2011-2014/p/15366/

https://www.cjponyparts.com/afe-cat...-tips-6-2l-f-150-raptor-2010-2014/p/4943071B/

Thanks!

OP
OP
E

ericdmiller

Reaction score
You said black, with no drone? Lucky for you someone makes that.

http://dirtydeedsindustries.com/product/ford-raptor-system/

Pretty funny, as soon as I posted this I started doing more research and came across Dirty Deeds. Seems like this is the best option, just wish it had 2 tips instead of 1.

Do you have experience with this kit?

Also, nice name....would be crazy if your last name was Miller too...

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have it, just know of it. You can always cut that pipe and put on whatever tip you want.

Not a Miller- sorry :)

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Dirty Deeds 26" on my '12 Screw. It sounds amazing around town and good on the road but it did drone some @ 70-75 mph on the highway. This was on my Raptor with 37's. The drone was not bad but it was there. I ended up with the Corsa Extreme and it sounds great and does not drone, period. My DD had the longest muffler available for the Screw, I think it was 26" as I stated, it could have been 24". Unless you are pretty sensitive to drone, the DD system will be great though.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was extremely happy with the stainless works lightning exit catback on my 14.

OP
OP
E

ericdmiller

Reaction score
I had the Dirty Deeds 26" on my '12 Screw. It sounds amazing around town and good on the road but it did drone some @ 70-75 mph on the highway. This was on my Raptor with 37's. The drone was not bad but it was there. I ended up with the Corsa Extreme and it sounds great and does not drone, period. My DD had the longest muffler available for the Screw, I think it was 26" as I stated, it could have been 24". Unless you are pretty sensitive to drone, the DD system will be great though.
This makes me nervous, is it possible the larger tires could have been causing the exhaust to drone? I thought these DD systems were drone free.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 37's would decrease the rpm at any given speed compared to 35s but would have zero impact on drone. I'm 62 and more sensitive to exhaust drone than most people. The DD system wasn't unbearable, it was simply noticeable. Most with the DD system say it is drone-free, I wish I could. It would have saved me $$$. Good luck.

KYmxracer52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the Corsa system. I’ve had the Sport on mine for years and I’m getting ready to make it the Extreme in a day or two. I have a couple videos showing sound levels I need to post to you tube. If you’re interested in hearing them, I’ll post links in this thread. I’ll do another after the resonator comes out.